Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgil van Dijk - move back on? (Not presently)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Tummy Bug

When does the loan window open? 8 February 2013?

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I see that Everton signed 18 year old ENG. U19 full back John Stones from Barnsley for a reported £3M. He's played 28 games for Barnsley and 2 for ENG. U19's.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
When does the loan window open? 8 February 2013?

If they didn't let us buy him for £2m, they'll never let us have him on loan. :shrug:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5486581 said:
Could be a loan with a buy clause built into it for the summer :banana:

They didn't want to lose him before end of season, so no chance of a loan. Hopefully we will go back for him in the summer.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
They didn't want to lose him before end of season, so no chance of a loan. Hopefully we will go back for him in the summer.

Yeah, made me think actually. Gus going to watch him play recently, obviously Gus wants to see him in action, but I wonder how much of that trip was to send a message to the kid, you are wanted. Everton may come in for him in the Summer, but has Moyes flown out to sit in the stands personally and watch him play?

Players notice that kind of thing, and I think Gus knows very well that players respond well to knowing they are wanted.

dizzy_V

Aug 7, 2011
Hove
Yeah, made me think actually. Gus going to watch him play recently, obviously Gus wants to see him in action, but I wonder how much of that trip was to send a message to the kid, you are wanted. Everton may come in for him in the Summer, but has Moyes flown out to sit in the stands personally and watch him play?

Players notice that kind of thing, and I think Gus knows very well that players respond well to knowing they are wanted.

Thats a good point, actually. If we do go back in for him in the summer, he just might take feeling wanted and the possibility of more playing time over big bucks that Everton (or others) may be able to offer. Doing a Butland as its known now.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Maybe we should have struck a deal to buy him during the window and then loan him back. That wsy they keep his services in their fight against relegatoon and we net our man for next season.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Maybe we should have struck a deal to buy him during the window and then loan him back. That wsy they keep his services in their fight against relegatoon and we net our man for next season.

i can see read the posts now 'why the hell did poyet spend 2m on an unproven player we cant even use yet when we're pushing for playoffs. We need players now. poyet out' etc etc

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5488064 said:
Missed training this morning apparently.... On his way to Brighton surely to agree a £3m loan to buy deal :clap2:

"To the horror of the present training visitors, including FCGroningenBlog.nl photographer Jan Koopman, lacked Virgil van Dijk Friday on the training prior to the game against AZ and on the day after the close of the transfer window, the TCN. Just the thought went out to a last-minute transfer done deal, but later became clear that the disease was. Pfieuw ...!"

He is diseased apparently :lolol:

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
"To the horror of the present training visitors, including FCGroningenBlog.nl photographer Jan Koopman, lacked Virgil van Dijk Friday on the training prior to the game against AZ and on the day after the close of the transfer window, the TCN. Just the thought went out to a last-minute transfer done deal, but later became clear that the disease was. Pfieuw ...!"

He is diseased apparently :lolol:

That'll teach him!

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
i may be reading too much into this (but as this is an 80 page thread about a transfer that never happened i don't feel too bad)...

doesn't this seem like a bit of a 'f**k you' from from VVD to Groningen? if the reports that he really wanted to join us are true, seems a bit strange that he's ill right before the very first game after the transfer window closed.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
i may be reading too much into this (but as this is an 80 page thread about a transfer that never happened i don't feel too bad)...

doesn't this seem like a bit of a 'f**k you' from from VVD to Groningen? if the reports that he really wanted to join us are true, seems a bit strange that he's ill right before the very first game after the transfer window closed.

Doubt it he seems like a very professional guy. Imagine he was very disappointed though, I just hope that we are still where he wants to come in the summer.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Re: Bizarre Transfer Speculation - Virgil van Dijk

Played today in a 1-0 Groningen away win, picked up a late booking.

I wonder if he was watched, or if we're happy enough now to negotiate a deal to get him in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here