Vincelot... Quality wherever he plays

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
His performance tonight at left back, really puts the pressure on Painter in my opinion.

Excellent everytime he plays, a real favorite of mine.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
His performance tonight at left back, really puts the pressure on Painter in my opinion.

Excellent everytime he plays, a real favorite of mine.

Completely agree. Looked completely at home and I doubt he's played Left Back much before..........although as my mate said on the way home, Poyet might like to keep him on the bench as he can play anywhere.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Better on the ball, better in the air, a lot more pace whats not too like. And positioning wise pretty good, certainly at worst i am not concerned about cover at left back like i was, for me he is better than Painter.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Seriously impressive. I remember his game against Man City in the cup a couple of years ago. Wonder where he went to - and here he is - as good as ever. On the radio he says that the quality CBs ahead of him have simply kept him out of the team. Very reassuring to have him in the side with AEA/Elphick injured (6 weeks until he trains with the squad) and Dunk on four yellows.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Thougt he looked very accomplished this evening, good touches and good pace. Very impressed.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Seriously impressive. I remember his game against Man City in the cup a couple of years ago. Wonder where he went to - and here he is - as good as ever. On the radio he says that the quality CBs ahead of him have simply kept him out of the team. Very reassuring to have him in the side with AEA/Elphick injured (6 weeks until he trains with the squad) and Dunk on four yellows.

Who you on about mate?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought he was superb tonight. Really assured performance in a strange position for him. Painter must be worried

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Complete brain ache - my comments about Cook on the wrong thread - apols

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Vincelot is awesome. I think I've seen him play in four different positions now and he's looked class in all of them. Bargain of the summer. We're very lucky to have him. He's solid at the back and can score goals from midfield. Quality player!

Oct 25, 2003
dirk kuyt is a world cup finalist and a consistent premiership performer and yet when you take into account the fact that romain was out of position he never really did much damage on the right flank

plus romain seems to offer more going forward than marcos (a shame as i really like painter)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports