Votes: 133 70.0%
  • Spurs win

Votes: 37 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Really can’t think which is the best result for us from this one.
Maybe a spurs win but not sure.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Draw would be the best result because then we just need Liverpool to beat villa then a draw last day and even if we lost the rest would see us 7th.

Spurs not winning means that they have also dropped points which improves our chances for europa league if we can win a couple of games.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I’ve said draw but it depends whether we really want to push for the Europa or are happy with the Conference.

Villa win if we really want Europa or draw/Spurs win if we’re happy to settle for Conference.
Villa win increases their confidence they can finish ahead us, and that also means we might need something there on the last day. Spurs win makes the Europa League more difficult for us. Draw means both sides drop 2 points and is probably the best result for us now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can see Villa beating Spurs, losing to Liverpool and we battle an away draw. That would put them on 58 and us on 56.

Spurs have then got Brentford H and Leeds A - I'd put them down for 4 pts so finish on 61.

So we'd then need 5 points from Arsenal A, Newcastle A, Saints H, ManCity H to finish above both of them.

Spurs winning probably takes 6th out of the equation for us, but makes 7th much easier.

I'm still glass half full so put a draw but not unhappy with a Villa win giving us a great chance for 6th still.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Before Everton (and to a lesser extent Forest) I'd have gone all out for a Villa win - we were hunting down Spurs, as were Villa, and Spurs finishing 8th. and out of Europe where they deserve would have been a joy.

Now we have to be more pragmatic; head now says draw. If Liverpool then beat Villa and we beat Southampton we finish 7th. and in the conference. Same if Spurs win, of course, but restricting them to one point still keeps the dream of 6th. alive, albeit only the faintest of faint hopes.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Lol I'm the only one to have gone for Villa so far out of 40 votes. You just have to assume that Liverpool will beat Villa. Even if Villa were to beat Spurs and us that still only leaves us needing 5 points to finish above them. I know we have difficult fixtures but we have to back ourselves to get 5 points for 7th. Especially when one of those games is against Villa.

So, say Spurs beat Villa and then they play at home to Brentford and away to Leeds. On paper they win those games (even though I fancy Brentford to get something). Potentially Spurs could be on 66 points, or 64 with a draw. That extra point for a draw means we need to win 3 of our remaining games. I think it's far more likely we win a couple and pick up a couple draws given we have to play Arsenal, Newcastle and City.

What's more likely, Villa to lose/draw against Liverpool and us, or Spurs to lose/draw against Brentford and Leeds? Then throw in that Spurs already have 3 more points. It's literally a no brainer.

Unless of course everyone on here is playing for 7th, and not 6th. I'm playing for 6th.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Lol I'm the only one to have gone for Villa so far out of 40 votes. You just have to assume that Liverpool will beat Villa. Even if Villa were to beat Spurs and us that still only leaves us needing 5 points to finish above them. I know we have difficult fixtures but we have to back ourselves to get 5 points for 7th. Especially when one of those games is against Villa.

So, say Spurs beat Villa and then they play at home to Brentford and away to Leeds. On paper they win those games (even though I fancy Brentford to get something). Potentially Spurs could be on 66 points, or 64 with a draw. That extra point for a draw means we need to win 3 of our remaining games. I think it's far more likely we win a couple and pick up a couple draws given we have to play Arsenal, Newcastle and City.

What's more likely, Villa to lose/draw against Liverpool and us, or Spurs to lose/draw against Brentford and Leeds? Then throw in that Spurs already have 3 more points. It's literally a no brainer.

Unless of course everyone on here is playing for 7th, and not 6th. I'm playing for 6th.
Shins. I've been persuaded by your logic.

Balls out. Let's get as high as we can

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Villa win or, secondly a draw.

A Spurs win near enough takes it out of our hands, as they'll surely get another 3 points (probably six) out of Brentford & Leeds - which puts them on 63 or 66 - which may be hard to catch up to. Whereas I can't see Villa beating a resurgent Liverpool - so they'll be on 57 points at the beginning of the final day.

I have no qualms about a last day decider against Villa. That sort of match is is surely what football is all about isn't it? Keep it in our hands.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's simple. Villa lose to Spurs & Liverpool and we beat Saints we are GUARANTEED Europa Conference. We will party all night long knowing we have Man City (H) & Villa (A) but don't need the points.
Villa Spurs draw it's the same. 3 pts from 4 games and we're in Europe as long as we don't lose that GD.
We blew 6th spot on Monday and so 7th has to be the target now.
BUT Spurs may struggle away at Leeds last game and so a Villa Spurs draw opens up the chance for us to need 3 extra points and get 6th place.
Villa win means we will have to go to Villa and get a draw. My nerves couldn't cope with that.
Just thought. Villa draw and we could go to Villa last day with Villa needing to win by 5 goals to beat our GD.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's simple. Villa lose to Spurs & Liverpool and we beat Saints we are GUARANTEED Europa Conference. We will party all night long knowing we have Man City (H) & Villa (A) but don't need the points.
Villa Spurs draw it's the same. 3 pts from 4 games and we're in Europe as long as we don't lose that GD.
BUT Spurs may struggle away at Leeds last game and so a Villa Spurs draw opens up the chance for us to need 3 extra points and get 6th place.
Villa win means we will have to go to Villa and get a draw. My nerves couldn't cope with that.
Just thought. Villa draw and we could go to Villa last day with Villa needing to win by 5 goals to beat our GD.
Really? Are we incapable of picking up points against Arsenal, Newcastle, City? Are 3 defeats nailed on for these games? Are we certs to get nothing at Villa?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
THIS. 7th would be incredible.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Really? Are we incapable of picking up points against Arsenal, Newcastle, City? Are 3 defeats nailed on for these games? Are we certs to get nothing at Villa?
Yes, we could pick up points against the three clubs above us, but we have to be realistic. Those three games give us the chance to match the Villa result at Liverpool.
There is a scenario where we finish on 58 whilst Spurs & Villa have 59.
I'll be happy with 58 points at 4:00 on Sunday 21st May if Villa only have 55
In fact, I'll probably be in tears of joy. In my mind, a day bigger than promotion.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Villa have won their last five at home, Spurs are without a win in their last five away. Just saying

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here