Villa tickets

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

theboybilly

No idea, but then being sensible on ticket release never seems to happen.

I've never understood why like concerts you can't just pick the individual seat you would prefer for away games. It would save a lot of problems between those that prefer to seat against those that prefer to stand, and enable more mates to gather together close to one another.

One day maybe?

That would be great. I struggle to stand for long periods now because of my knees. Usually I find some kind person to swap but with but that's not always possible. That said, I don't really want to be right down the front at almost pitch level. Saving the front row of an upper tier for those who wish to be seated would be ideal. It can't be too difficult can it?

That would be great. I struggle to stand for long periods now because of my knees. Usually I find some kind person to swap but with but that's not always possible. That said, I don't really want to be right down the front at almost pitch level. Saving the front row of an upper tier for those who wish to be seated would be ideal. It can't be too difficult can it?

Ironically the issue of those who wish to sit and see a game is solved in a flash with the introduction of safe standing areas.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Seeing as Seatwave are selling tickets either side of the away fans, I'm guessing there'll be no room for more to be given for away fans.

I'll admit, this is worrying me!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Seeing as Seatwave are selling tickets either side of the away fans, I'm guessing there'll be no room for more to be given for away fans.

I'll admit, this is worrying me!

Just leaves the opening an upper tier of a stand that has been closed all season..unlikely?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Might be interesting how the after match celebrations are handled..Villas last home game ..lap of 'honour'? ..then if we have something extra riding on the game (I'm sure the players will come over anyway) etc

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I usually ask a steward to find me a seat at the front. It usually works.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
They've opened the Trinity Road upper for their game against Birmingham so I wonder whether they could potentially open this area for Brighton fans on the final day

There is absolutely no chance of this happening.

The police and club will not want away fans on two sides of the stadium, resulting in significant increase in policing costs and logistical hassles.
We've been given the seat we will get. I'm not sure why people (my mates included) ever thought Villa were going to do us a favour and give us loads more. If I were their chairman I wouldn't want the ground overrun with people celebrating and reminding my own fans how poor their season has been by comparison.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There is absolutely no chance of this happening.

The police and club will not want away fans on two sides of the stadium, resulting in significant increase in policing costs and logistical hassles.
We've been given the seat we will get. I'm not sure why people (my mates included) ever thought Villa were going to do us a favour and give us loads more. If I were their chairman I wouldn't want the ground overrun with people celebrating and reminding my own fans how poor their season has been by comparison.

But then they gave them to Birmingham one of there fiercest rivals ..and all the problems they've outlined?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We've been given the seat we will get. I'm not sure why people (my mates included) ever thought Villa were going to do us a favour and give us loads more.

£30,000 per 1000 empty seats would have been a logical reason for thinking they might. 3000 or 5000 fans celebrating is not going to be any more or less of a reminder to the home fans.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
No idea, but then being sensible on ticket release never seems to happen.

I've never understood why like concerts you can't just pick the individual seat you would prefer for away games. It would save a lot of problems between those that prefer to seat against those that prefer to stand, and enable more mates to gather together close to one another.

One day maybe?

Problem is that people travel to football in large groups, whereas they tend not to for gigs, cinema, theatre etc etc. So actually choosing particular seats will always be unlikely, due to the likelihood of wasted single seats. However, there is absolutely no reason for clubs not to sell certain areas as certain things. It is the work of one person to sort the tickets in to front, middle and back and gives supporters that option. It is hardly rocket science.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Problem is that people travel to football in large groups, whereas they tend not to for gigs, cinema, theatre etc etc. So actually choosing particular seats will always be unlikely, due to the likelihood of wasted single seats.

However, there is absolutely no reason for clubs not to sell certain areas as certain things. It is the work of one person to sort the tickets in to front, middle and back and gives supporters that option. It is hardly rocket science.

Easily overcome with a program that prohibits selecting seats if it leaves a single unoccupied seat.

I like the idea of front middle back that would be a start

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
£30,000 per 1000 empty seats would have been a logical reason for thinking they might. 3000 or 5000 fans celebrating is not going to be any more or less of a reminder to the home fans.

You've got to assume that comes with an increase in policing costs. And I doubt that's cheap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here