Villa a Friday night sell out ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
BOLLOCKS is it. Its a complete nause. Macks me right off when we lose a Saturday 3pm to a Friday/Monday night.

The only acceptable switch is to Saturday 5.30, I rather like those. Anything else is a ballache.

Is the right Answer!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
BOLLOCKS is it. Its a complete nause. Macks me right off when we lose a Saturday 3pm to a Friday/Monday night.

The only acceptable switch is to Saturday 5.30, I rather like those. Anything else is a ballache.

This with bells on.

This might sell out, it might not.

But what the club need to do NOW is communicate with STH's and ask them to make their ticket available if they are not in attendance.

What happened in the run up to Norwich was pitiful. Allocating them more away seats than they could sell was just poor judgement, but for the club to only invite STH's who wont be using their tickets to make them available via the part of the site that just deals in selling tickets was pathetic.

Add to this a crazy decision of where to divide the south stand. The chosen point meant a whole section of the upper tier was not able to be used, even when seats in front of it were.

The sad result of many incompatencies was there being nearly 4500 (15% of it's capacity) empty seats in our stadium yet being sold out the day before. The day before happened to be pay day after 5 weeks for a good proportion of the working population.

The mistake over given the away fans too much won't come back as Villa have already sold their 3200+ allocation.

Lets hope the other bits are sorted so that every Albion fan who wants to see the game will see it.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Not EVERYONE does !

You are right, not EVERYONE does, but there's enough that do that make me CRINGE.

I nearly had a punch up with two blokes last season who were FURIOUSLY clapping the away fans. Almost a competition to see who could be acknowledged first by the away lot. When I questioned them as to whether they thought we should bend over for them too didn't go down with them to well.

If a Wigan were to bring 23 on a Tuesday night in February then I may think to myself "credit to you, well done and I know exactly how you are feeling right now" but I will never NEVER stand up and clap them just for going. I could understand it in a way when the Amex first opened and we wanted to enjoy our stadium and we wanted them to enjoy it too, understandably as we'd waited and worked so hard for it for donkeys years but what happens now is just pathetic. How can we create an intimidating atmosphere that away fans revere if we're just gonna finish the game by sodding clapping them?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This might sell out, it might not.

But what the club need to do NOW is communicate with STH's and ask them to make their ticket available if they are not in attendance.

What happened in the run up to Norwich was pitiful. Allocating them more away seats than they could sell was just poor judgement, but for the club to only invite STH's who wont be using their tickets to make them available via the part of the site that just deals in selling tickets was pathetic.

Add to this a crazy decision of where to divide the south stand. The chosen point meant a whole section of the upper tier was not able to be used, even when seats in front of it were.

The sad result of many incompatencies was there being nearly 4500 (15% of it's capacity) empty seats in our stadium yet being sold out the day before. The day before happened to be pay day after 5 weeks for a good proportion of the working population.

The mistake over given the away fans too much won't come back as Villa have already sold their 3200+ allocation.

Lets hope the other bits are sorted so that every Albion fan who wants to see the game will see it.

I'd rather you tell us what you think about ticketing, rather than just sit on the fence like this.

Where is the South Upper Tier not used?

If you look at pictures of the crowd you will notice the divide is covering about 1/4 of S1F. Its the eastern side with Norwich fans seats up to the edge of S1E. There was only 5 columns of segregation but the upper tier bit is accessed via the steps in the middle of S1F and as such, the whole eastern half of the upper tier was not used. I can see why - because it would border the Norwich fans without any segregation.

If the club had moved the segregation area just 5 columns to the east, we would not only have had the extra 5 columns for home fans in S1F, we would have had the whole of the upper tier too.

The 125 or so displaced Norwich fans would have been easily acomodated in the unsold areas of their allocation is E1H

Last edited:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
If you look at pictures of the crown you will notice the divide is covering about 1/4 of S1F. Its the eastern side with Norwich fans seats up to the edge of S1E. There was only 5 columns of segregation but the upper tier bit is accessed via the steps in the middle of S1F and as such, the whole eastern half of the upper tier was not used. I can see why - because it would border the Norwich fans without any segregation.

If the club had moved the segregation area just 5 columns to the east, we would not only have had the extra 5 columns for home fans in S1F, we would have had the whole of the upper tier too.

The 125 or so displaced Norwich fans would have been easily acomdated in the unsold areas of their allocation is E1H

125. Really? :moo: Did you film it?

Nearly 5000 seats empty? Really?

By no means official. I am sure someone can find out. And I said 4500 (after an immediate edit)

In addition to the areas we know were unsold (1300 short of capacity) I would suggest there was at least 600 empties in West stand middle and 1000 empties in the ESL. I can't comment on the ESU. But there was clear gaps in the WSL and even a couple if the north. I would guess that these areas would get you up to the extra 1500 odd seats.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
By no means official. I am sure someone can find out. And I said 4500 (after an immediate edit)

In addition to the areas we know were unsold (1300 short of capacity) I would suggest there was at least 600 empties in West stand middle and 1000 empties in the ESL. I can't comment on the ESU. But there was clear gaps in the WSL and even a couple if the north. I would guess that these areas would get you up to the extra 1500 odd seats.

Did you actually count these seats? Might I suggest watching the game?

I'd rather you tell us what you think about ticketing, rather than just sit on the fence like this.

I always have an urge to jump into these 'crowd' threads. I do find them interesting,

I'm sure the figures I've quoted will be proven to be balderdash, I'm always spouting and am usually totally wrong!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I'm sure the figures I've quoted will be proven to be balderdash, I'm always spouting and am usually totally wrong!

59508245.jpg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Couple of Friday night games a season personally works out fine..especially when for part of the year I work Saturdays and lose income by taking the afternoon off...against that going on a Monday night is just weird

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You are right, not EVERYONE does, but there's enough that do that make me CRINGE.

I nearly had a punch up with two blokes last season who were FURIOUSLY clapping the away fans. Almost a competition to see who could be acknowledged first by the away lot. When I questioned them as to whether they thought we should bend over for them too didn't go down with them to well.

If a Wigan were to bring 23 on a Tuesday night in February then I may think to myself "credit to you, well done and I know exactly how you are feeling right now" but I will never NEVER stand up and clap them just for going. I could understand it in a way when the Amex first opened and we wanted to enjoy our stadium and we wanted them to enjoy it too, understandably as we'd waited and worked so hard for it for donkeys years but what happens now is just pathetic. How can we create an intimidating atmosphere that away fans revere if we're just gonna finish the game by sodding clapping them?
I've made sure my kids don't , I totally agree with you , it's cringe, you're in the SWC as well I take it ?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I quite like a Fri night game, means you get to watch the albion and STILL get to sit in your pants watching Jeff and the boys on the Saturday.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Any road the club have now released the other side of S1F to home supporters 200 seats more , so the same arrangement as the Norwich game , looked like 4 columns and 1 column of stewards that made up the segregation .

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
vNorwich0054sm.JPG

Norwich fans behind the goal. Must have been gaps in the away allocation in E1H because Norwich failed to sell their tickets properly.

Are the Villa tickets on general sale yet?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Definitely a JCL/21st century fan type of behaviour. Wish a few more would bother to get our away games rather than applaud the opposition. As you say .. cringetastic.

:facepalm:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I always have an urge to jump into these 'crowd' threads. I do find them interesting,

Good on you. Ignore any knob who criticizes you. I enjoy reading your updates on unsold seats. If people don't like it they can do one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports