[Albion] Viktor Gyokeres

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
When we signed him, he was rumoured to have cost just under €1m. Wages wouldn't have been huge, but to sell him for £1m (which supposedly includes several clauses, so upfront will be less than that), we will have made a relatively small loss.

But that's the nature of the beast, a lot of small losses will be offset by a few large profits (e.g. White, Lamptey, Bissouma...) and the money brought in just by staying in the Premier League.

Compared to the likes of AJ, Locadia, Steven Dobie and heaven forbid Kemy Augustien the above sounds like amazing business.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
When we signed him, he was rumoured to have cost just under €1m. Wages wouldn't have been huge, but to sell him for £1m (which supposedly includes several clauses, so upfront will be less than that), we will have made a relatively small loss.

But that's the nature of the beast, a lot of small losses will be offset by a few large profits (e.g. White, Lamptey, Bissouma...) and the money brought in just by staying in the Premier League.

Does the £1m include several clauses on top of the £1m or within the £1m - I don't know, just asking? Include can be interpreted both ways. We may also have had loan fee income from his previous loans at home and abroad. When he was initially with us, his role in the Development squad will also have had a notional value as part of the development of others in the team. So all ends up, I'm sure we have had good value. Unrealised potential with us, but carving a decent career and still plenty of time to develop and go up the levels. We just have higher standards and expectations than he was able to meet at the moment and it's a good moment for all parties for him to play his trade elsewhere.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Something has just occurred to me, lookiing again at the link I posted - Coventry City (an English football club) are buying Victor Gyokeres from Brighton and Hove Albion (another English club), so why the fvck are they quoting the price in Swedish Krona?

One million pounds is what I've been told from the source who might as well have said 12 miljoner kronor. So I'm guessing the Expressen journalist was told the same thing but decided to translate the fee.

Does the £1m include several clauses on top of the £1m or within the £1m - I don't know, just asking? Include can be interpreted both ways. We may also have had loan fee income from his previous loans at home and abroad. When he was initially with us, his role in the Development squad will also have had a notional value as part of the development of others in the team. So all ends up, I'm sure we have had good value. Unrealised potential with us, but carving a decent career and still plenty of time to develop and go up the levels. We just have higher standards and expectations than he was able to meet at the moment and it's a good moment for all parties for him to play his trade elsewhere.

No idea but I would guess the club tries to get sell-on clauses into any U23s sold.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good luck to him.

I actually believe he will turn into a great striker (Premier League level) because he got the right attitude and the right attributes, but maybe moved abroad a bit too early and will be considered a late bloomer once he reaches his potential.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gyökeres scores to level against Chris Hughton's Forest

Quite enjoyed that. Watched with brother in law, a Sky Blue. Good moody stream. Happy days.

Forest were decidedly unimpressive. Almost tempted to call them 'Notts' Forest on the back of that :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sad he didn't get chances like Connolly got.

Who you dropping to ‘give him a chance’ - either way he’s getting much better ‘chances’ week in week out on loan in the championship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here