Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viktor Gyokeres

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Don’t Panic Jonesy he s cut short the loan to get More game time Not even less ! Going back out on loan apparently

Yes fair enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Going to sign permanently with Coventry next week. £1m transfer fee.

Interesting as someone told me the other day that Cashman was let go as we were going to give Gyokeres another year to prove himself.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Probably a good deal all round.

I haven’t seen him too much, but when I have he’s been fairly underwhelming. Good luck to the lad.

I saw him in a few cup matches. Similar to Bernardo for me, looked good under Hughton, but distinctly average under Potter.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Source?

Good deal for both parties if it happens

Looking likely. Anyone know the exchange rate from Swedish Krona to GB pounds (#Swansman - we're looking at you!)

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/s...entry-city-transfers-viktor-gyokeres-20962862

https://www.expressen.se/sport/fotboll/allsvenskan/gyokeres-nya-klubb-blir-kvar-i-england/ is one source, but I got the info independently as well (probably from the same original source).

12 mkr = ca £1m

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Going to sign permanently with Coventry next week. £1m transfer fee.

He was never going to make it at our level although I would have hoped for 2 mill.

I also hope we get a future fee percentage .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How much money would he have been on with us? Did we lose money?
Most of his time with us he was out on loan, and we don't know how much of his wages we paid, and how much of his wages the clubs he was loaned to paid. My guess is we probably lost a bit of money, but not a horrendous amount. As to the amount, that would only be wild speculation.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Most of his time with us he was out on loan, and we don't know how much of his wages we paid, and how much of his wages the clubs he was loaned to paid. My guess is we probably lost a bit of money, but not a horrendous amount. As to the amount, that would only be wild speculation.

When we signed him, he was rumoured to have cost just under €1m. Wages wouldn't have been huge, but to sell him for £1m (which supposedly includes several clauses, so upfront will be less than that), we will have made a relatively small loss.

But that's the nature of the beast, a lot of small losses will be offset by a few large profits (e.g. White, Lamptey, Bissouma...) and the money brought in just by staying in the Premier League.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
When we signed him, he was rumoured to have cost just under €1m. Wages wouldn't have been huge, but to sell him for £1m (which supposedly includes several clauses, so upfront will be less than that), we will have made a relatively small loss.

But that's the nature of the beast, a lot of small losses will be offset by a few large profits (e.g. White, Lamptey, Bissouma...) and the money brought in just by staying in the Premier League.

Exactly a small loss with the chance of him coming good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here