Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viktor Gyokeres

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really hope there isn’t an option to buy - no point in that. Let them have him on loan and let’s see how he does no?

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Andone started the season. I was at the home match with Southampton, unfortunately...only home game I got to attend since I'm not in UK anymore.

So we started with 4 strikers, then Potter was shot of Andone and we continued with 3 strikers.

Now, in contrast, we are starting with 2 strikers? Seems a bit more extreme.

Actually, we started the season with 5 strikers. I was at that match too and Locadia played.

Then they were both shipped out leaving us with 3 strikers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pretty disappointed we are even considering loaning him out at this stage if we have no incoming striker lined up ( according to Naylor ).

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
If we loan Gyokeres before getting a striker in we are officially mugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we loan Gyokeres before getting a striker in we are officially mugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely.

I get that we may have a low transfer budget, and that the club has been hit financially by Cov19 ( maybe Tony's other businesses as well ? ) but to loan out one of our remaining 3 strikers is insane.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Absolutely.

I get that we may have a low transfer budget, and that the club has been hit financially by Cov19 ( maybe Tony's other businesses as well ? ) but to loan out one of our remaining 3 strikers is insane.

I understand where you’re coming from, with the covid situation, but I doubt very much we have just a ‘small’ transfer budget.

The club’s policy seems to be one of not paying over the odds for players. We’ll have our valuations, and if other clubs want an extra 5/10 million on top, then Tony is telling them where to go. We were willing to dump 25 million euros (Our valuation, I guess) on Darwin Nunez, so we DO have money to spend.

Hopefully this validation policy brings in the right player, no matter how long it takes. As long as it’s not another Locadia.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Absolutely.

we were in for Nunez at circa 20-25.

Its the rigidity of this moneyball thing, has to have super stats, age, price all aligned or else we walk on by?

I'm sure we're feeling the pinch, but the Nunez episode shows the club/Bloom have the money, its just we're very very particular it seems on what we will spend it on.

is pragmatism from the lack of goals and severe lack of strikers secondary to said targets getting ticks in all the moneyball boxes?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely.

If only the club would bid £25m for a striker.
That level of intent would stop all the pissy knickers in a heart beat...

...oh.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
ITK comrade Tony says Malmö FF, saying the club is pretty much in agreement with Brighton but that there are some technical shit to sort out regarding Swansea and some money stuff (could initially be a loan if the clubs cant agree).

He's been right a few times before and I think its highly likely he is right this time again. They've been after him before and now when their starting striker fecked off its the obvious move, and comrade Tony says discussions are already under way.

Too bad it didnt work out better for Viktor but likely he will be sold for more than he was bought for and probably with a sell-on clause.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
ITK comrade Tony says Malmö FF, saying the club is pretty much in agreement with Brighton but that there are some technical shit to sort out regarding Swansea and some money stuff (could initially be a loan if the clubs cant agree).

He's been right a few times before and I think its highly likely he is right this time again. They've been after him before and now when their starting striker fecked off its the obvious move, and comrade Tony says discussions are already under way.

Too bad it didnt work out better for Viktor but likely he will be sold for more than he was bought for and probably with a sell-on clause.

Seems a good lad, had a few opportunities now both here and on loan in the Championship. Can’t help but feel we never quite saw the best of him.

That said, I’m surprised there’s not other Championship clubs he can go to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here