Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viktor Gyokeres

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
One thing with languages and speaking them when you go abroad is dialects. If you learn Spanish well, it is apparently easy to be understood in Madrid and cities like Salamanca and Valladollid, but if you go to Andalucia the dialect is quite thick and hard to understand

Andalusian Spanish is more efficient. Consonants are overrated anyway and why pronounce 4 syllables when you could just use 2.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Potter’s pulled some strings for his old club?

It's one thing to loan him (which I think is exactly the right thing to do as long as we get another forward in) but the option to buy seems very odd to me... Why give anyone an option? If he does well, they'll get him for far less than they would in the open market and if he does badly, they just won't take him permanently (unless it's not an option at all and more of a commitment like Knockaert)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's just not as easy as we think. I've been sucked into the All or Nothing, Spurs season documentary on Prime. It is actually quite good for nuturing a healthy sense of loathing, but nevertheless, Jose 'I'm in this top stratosphere' Mourinho made the point, and Daniel 'The Snake' Levy how difficult it is to get a transfer done. Selling club, buying club, player, player's WAG, player's agent; all need to agree for it to happen. £28m rising to £33m for Ollie Watkins, that just isn't our market...is it?

It very much is the Albion's market.

They can't pay £20m for a centre back.
Offer £25m for a centre forward.

Then say £28m is in a hyper inflation bubble and too expensive.

A new striker will arrive.
He will either be a £25+m

Or

A 'moneyball' 18 month stop gap, if the club believe they a kid who might just come through.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's one thing to loan him (which I think is exactly the right thing to do as long as we get another forward in) but the option to buy seems very odd to me... Why give anyone an option? If he does well, they'll get him for far less than they would in the open market and if he does badly, they just won't take him permanently (unless it's not an option at all and more of a commitment like Knockaert)

Probably a pretty high buyout clause and perhaps a requirement for them to be willing to take him on (and I think the club really wanted him to go on loan to the Championship and not ie Bundesliga 2).

As I said, no chance they can buy him unless they get promoted (very unlikely) and definitely no commitment to buy.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Probably a pretty high buyout clause and perhaps a requirement for them to be willing to take him on (and I think the club really wanted him to go on loan to the Championship and not ie Bundesliga 2).

As I said, no chance they can buy him unless they get promoted (very unlikely) and definitely no commitment to buy.

Actually glad there is an option on this one, can’t be doing this again next summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
If this is true, I would say we must be pretty confident of bringing in a new striker. And soon.

It’s not very “Brighton” to just let Murray and Gyokeres walk out the door without some sort of replacement.

There was another month left in the window. We could have held on to them for a bit longer if needed (and I think they are).

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
If this is true, I would say we must be pretty confident of bringing in a new striker. And soon.

It’s not very “Brighton” to just let Murray and Gyokeres walk out the door without some sort of replacement.

There was another month left in the window. We could have held on to them for a bit longer if needed (and I think they are).

you're kidding right?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Would the last striker to leave the club please turn out the lights!

We will be absolutely fine .... if Connolly and Maupay don't lose form, get injured or suspended between now and May.

Nothing can go wrong. Nothing can go wrong

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
It's exactly what we did with Andone and Locadia last summer.

Andone started the season. I was at the home match with Southampton, unfortunately...only home game I got to attend since I'm not in UK anymore.

So we started with 4 strikers, then Potter was shot of Andone and we continued with 3 strikers.

Now, in contrast, we are starting with 2 strikers? Seems a bit more extreme.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here