[Albion] Viktor Gyokeres

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He's currently our 3rd choice striker, so until we get at least one other striker in, he's going nowhere. personally, I'd rather we brought in 2 before he's allowed a loan spell, because just 3 strikers worried me throughout last season. We got so lucky with injuries.

The thing is, we don’t know that we’ve not signed one or two new Strikers, all we know is that it hasn’t been announced.

It’s very plausible that the club have loaned out Murray & Gyökeres in the full knowledge that we have one or two others in the bag (but not publicly known) in order to make the loan deals smoother. If Watford & Swansea believe that we were planning on using Murray & Gyökeres regularly, they are far less likely to ask us to pay for some of the salary costs.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The thing is, we don’t know that we’ve not signed one or two new Strikers, all we know is that it hasn’t been announced.

It’s very plausible that the club have loaned out Murray & Gyökeres in the full knowledge that we have one or two others in the bag (but not publicly known) in order to make the loan deals smoother. If Watford & Swansea believe that we were planning on using Murray & Gyökeres regularly, they are far less likely to ask us to pay for some of the salary costs.

But if we have them in the bag, shouldn't they be training with the squad? We've got a match in a few days....

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
great move for him :)

I thought he might end being our 4th choice striker, but it assures me even more we will be getting 1 or 2 in.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But if we have them in the bag, shouldn't they be training with the squad? We've got a match in a few days....

I don’t think we’re desperate enough in any position to throw someone straight in for Chelsea so I guess it’s no rush for now.

I do think things will move (announcement wise) once Gyökeres to Swansea is confirmed though.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC

Definitely agree on lag from agreements/signatures -> announcements.

In our case everything is so hush hush. But sometimes there are clues.

I personally think Ben White's new contract was signed on the dotted line before his agent went on Sky the first time. The public announcement was over a week later wasn't it?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Lining them up is not the problem, feckin signing them is the problem.

It's just not as easy as we think. I've been sucked into the All or Nothing, Spurs season documentary on Prime. It is actually quite good for nuturing a healthy sense of loathing, but nevertheless, Jose 'I'm in this top stratosphere' Mourinho made the point, and Daniel 'The Snake' Levy how difficult it is to get a transfer done. Selling club, buying club, player, player's WAG, player's agent; all need to agree for it to happen. £28m rising to £33m for Ollie Watkins, that just isn't our market...is it?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Local South Wales journo mentioned it

Gyokeres girlfriend has also just started following Swansea on twitter as well... so maybe some truth to it

The guy has 378 followers? Surely if he was a known, reliable source on Welsh football there'd be a few more Swansea fans following him than that?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The guy has 378 followers? Surely if he was a known, reliable source on Welsh football there'd be a few more Swansea fans following him than that?

Yes him

And if you read his tweets he does get a fair bit right regarding Swansea.

Also weird one to make up to pretend to be ITK

378 Swansea fans is all of the ones who know how to use social media as well so it’s quite good.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Gyokeres Loan to Swansea with an "Option to buy" included.
Gutted. Loved watching him play for the U23's.

Very surprised about that... Think he could end up being very good and, given how we've not exactly found it easy to recruit centre forwards, I would have thought it would have been better to keep him as an option for the future.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Bit of a shame, as I was looking forward to seeing the lad break into the first team this year, but there you go.

Only Maupay and Connolly still to get rid off now, and then we'll be ready for the season to start!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very surprised about that... Think he could end up being very good and, given how we've not exactly found it easy to recruit centre forwards, I would have thought it would have been better to keep him as an option for the future.

Potter’s pulled some strings for his old club?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Bit of a shame, as I was looking forward to seeing the lad break into the first team this year, but there you go.

Only Maupay and Connolly still to get rid off now, and then we'll be ready for the season to start!

You know all that state of the art medical stuff at the Shoreham academy

4b6a679844df050ecba2fda16200bb84.jpg

Ryan

Lamptey
White
Dunk
Lamptey

Bissouma
Trossard
Bissouma

Maupay
Connolly