Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viktor Gyokeres

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Anything around £5m is decent. The way we scout and buy, we could do a lot of damage recycling that in to another £40m nugget.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I don't know. If he was sold for 25m, a 25% sell on feel would get us 6.25m on top of the million we (I think) sold him for. 7.25m for a player who barely kicked a ball in our first team is a very decent return IMO and I think the club would be very happy with it. As I see it it's another positive for the way we operate and another reason why young players would be attracted to join us.
Half a Locadia in old money

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hold on a bit. Just because clubs are prepared to buy him it does not mean he has made it in the Premier League. He has yet to score a goal here yet! Yes he has been doing well but there is much left to be done. Doing well so far though and great for him and for us. A success story.
Yes given the interested clubs are Everton, Leeds & Burnley. I think the kids would say ‘levels’

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I always felt comforted by our loan army when we were flirting with relegation. I reckoned if we did go down we could lose a lot of first team players and still have a competitive Championship squad.

Victor was definitely one that contributed to that feeling. Of course now that we are one of the big 6 we don't need such security blankets... :moo:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I always felt comforted by our loan army when we were flirting with relegation. I reckoned if we did go down we could lose a lot of first team players and still have a competitive Championship squad.

Victor was definitely one that contributed to that feeling. Of course now that we are one of the big 6 we don't need such security blankets... :moo:
LOLs #metoo.

I think it was last season that we seemed to have an on-loan player in every outfield position playing at Championship level or equivalent.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
We have just paid £30m for a potential £80-100m nugget maybe we are stepping up a notch. Will be interesting too. See how it goes.
I agree in part, feels like we are graduating from - in poker terms - the $2/5 table to the $10/15 table. That said I think we will look at value at all prices. It’s all such a long way from the Locadia days!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I remember watching a live stream of the U21’s, away at Luton or somewhere, and he was absolutely gash!
The commentators were almost laughing at how bad he was playing.
He never really took his chance here did he. But sometimes things change, he’s probably worked hard, bulked up and taken his chance.
Well done to the lad 👏👏👏
The games I watched, he was poundshop Haaland - anonymous for most of the game with little bursts in on goal - often scoring. No idea if he is like that at Cov.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fair play to the lad but based on these 2 play off games he needs a lot of chances to score. Not sure he will get that in the PL for the clubs interested in him or Cov

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Second for goals (21) in the Championship, and top for goals and assists combined (31).

Similar numbers to Maupay in the season before we bought him...
He’s a much better footballer than Maupay. Strong, can hold the ball up, and a much better first touch.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Second for goals (21) in the Championship, and top for goals and assists combined (31).

Similar numbers to Maupay in the season before we bought him...
.....and for a team hovering slightly above the PL relegation zone, that £15M was fairly well spent, was it not? We didn't sell him because he was rubbish - we sold him because we had moved on.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
Scored his penalty in the play off final shoot out and assisted for the goal. But Coventry lose after missing a penalty.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Surely Coventry will have to sell young Viktor Gyökeres to a Premier League team now?

We’ll surely get a lovely, big, fat, South-American-Wonderkid-funding sell-on fee. I wanted Coventry to win today but this is a silver lining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here