[Albion] Viktor Gyokeres

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He’ll have 15 before Christmas at this rate. Going to make Coventry a lot of money.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Great save by the Fulham keeper denies his hat trick

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Connolly must be some player eh? I trust DA and Potter. Hopefully tonight is the start of it....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I didn’t realise he was sold to Coventry.

I thought he was on loan.

Connoly must be regarded as pele then, because he has done more in this game than I have ever seen collony do!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Still not convinced about gykores in the prem mitrovitch gets bucket loads in championship. He's too slow for prem.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Still not convinced about gykores in the prem mitrovitch gets bucket loads in championship. He's too slow for prem.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

This is actually a really good indication on exactly how good you have to be to score goals as a striker in the EPL I don't know how many goals Mitrovich scored in Fulhams last EPL visit but if it was close to 15 goals I'd be amazed.

Be honest at the start of last season if offered Mitrovich or Gyorkeres as a player I think the majority would of chosen Mitrovich.

The 15-20 per season EPL strikers are generally found playing for the so called big clubs, there's a reason for that and it's that those strikers are fed by better players so unless he's a anomaly and bucks a statistical trend Gyorkeres isn't that striker every so called also rans EPL team craves.

Stick him up front for City and he'd do OK with players like De Bryune and Mahrez around him but in a teamlikebrighton no, not convinced at all at this level.

Maupay for instance was a 20 goal a season player until he joined the EPL with us, he scores on average 8-10 per season and whilst he's started really well I'd be surprised if he got to 15 but delighted.

I would love to be proven wrong and Viktor indeed does go on to smash the EPL up in a less fashionable team and if Coventry do somehow manage to get promoted to the EPL I'd be very happy about that after the turmoil they've been through.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Coventry must of seen enough in him to pay £1m.

Is that what Coventry paid for him, or just a wild guess? It would seem a bit generous to Coventry - it should have covered our outlay on his training and wages anyway, and left us with a small profit. I'd guess we probably have a hefty sell-on close; Coventry haven't got a pot to piss in, and a million was probably as much as they could scrape together, so I suspect we let them off with that as long as we had a good sell-on clause to compensate - I think we'd have wanted £2 or £3M without one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports