Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viktor Gyokeres

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Anyway Viktor. He didn't do much with us. Looked good in the u23 team though.

To me this adds weight to the, "don't judge a striker until they've had a chance to learn their trade". Only the very best will go straight in and have the know how to get goals at high levels.

Most will need to be at least 23 until you'll have a good idea of whether they will have a top level career. For some late bloomers, Muzza etc, not till about 26. Incredible to think, someone like Evan Ferguson might not peak for a decade!

We're clearly playing the waiting game striker-wise and trusting in the academy. As a fan base, we must be prepared for the learning on the job to not always look too pretty

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think Viktor can consider himself a bit unlucky here. He was a player who would have had his chance if we'd been relegated from the Premier League. I almost feel like a number of younger players know that if we stay up, their future is probably elsewhere - albeit with a contract at Brighton. Whereas if we get relegated, they'll probably have a chance to play for us in the Championship. I like our future planning and progression paths for the players, but I do feel a bit sorry for certain players who never got their chance here. Matt Clarke is another who looks likely never to get an opportunity to play for us, unless we get relegated. Jayson Molumby's another, had we gone down he probably would have found himself in the team.

I don't feel too sorry for the players, they sign contracts to generously compensate them and I'm certain they know exactly where they stand. We find good loan opportunities for them and we do take care of them whilst they're out (that's David Weir's job, as I understand it) - but it does make me wonder whether Christian Walton's enjoyed his football career so far.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Are you referring to the tendency of our Prime Minister and government to seek to silence all opinion which goes against his/their own, such as promoting people in government on the basis of loyalty and “correct” thinking rather than ability, the constant intimidation and threats to the BBC and Channel 4, seeking to render powerless the Electoral Commission and so on.

Ar are you referring to the overbearing political correctness in every sense of the words which is brought to bear by the intellectual elite of NSC to anyone or anything which goes against the right on socially aware social media outlet which we all inhabit?

This is meant as a light-hearted aside :) rather than a serious question:mad:

Eerrrrrr yep that’s the one [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Scores again, hes on fire

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Oppo from the Navy is a Cov fan and travels over from Spain half a dozen times a year. His brother is season ticket holder so he’s pretty much clued up on the Cov.
1. Great signing for them but given the choice they would have rather taken Ostigaard.
2. Massive difference between being a championship striker and a premier league striker mainly down to shocking defending in the championship. Hence why they wanted Ostigaard.
3. Teams that get promoted are much more likely to stay up if they are more defensively minded than attacking. He reckons Leeds will have a very very difficult season and that Norwich were relegated from the moment they were promoted. They can’t defend even if there very lives depended on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Loving Coventry's early season form. Vested interest in them from this season as a family member is on the staff there :thumbsup:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Loving Coventry's early season form. Vested interest in them from this season as a family member is on the staff there :thumbsup:

I went to poly/Uni at Cov so have a very big soft spot for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oppo from the Navy is a Cov fan and travels over from Spain half a dozen times a year. His brother is season ticket holder so he’s pretty much clued up on the Cov.
1. Great signing for them but given the choice they would have rather taken Ostigaard.

Yes, that was a common view on the Cov. City forum last season. Mind you, Gyokeres wasn't as impressive last season, but he seems to have stepped up a gear this season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This just confirms the argument Connolly needs a championship loan and we should of signed another striker for the 1st team. A season in the championship did wonders for Ivan Toney he wouldn’t be the same player playing bit part had he signed for a PL club from Peterborough.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
This just confirms the argument Connolly needs a championship loan and we should of signed another striker for the 1st team. A season in the championship did wonders for Ivan Toney he wouldn’t be the same player playing bit part had he signed for a PL club from Peterborough.

Not like you to be critical of the club.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here