Views on DK - has he handled this well?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gwylan said:
I don't think DK has said that he had a manager lined up. Various people have posted words to that effect on this board, but the words haven't come from Dick himself.

Exactly. It was 'reported' in this morning's Argus that DK had already "launched the hunt". And why shouldn't he? Coppell was keeping his options open, and us on tenterhooks, Knight was only doing the same. It was brilliant to see him on Sky at the weekend, saying he wants this sorted either way within days. Who knows how long Coppell's 'soul searching' was going to go on for?

I think Knight comes out of this whole thing superbly. I only hope some of his detractors take note (it would appear that FG has, to be fair) and get off his back a bit. Yes he may not be the richest man in the world, but his love and dedication to Brighton & Hove Albion is undeniable and for that reason he will always do what he sees best for us.

theweasel

Aug 27, 2003
Eastbourne
DK is a a true and loyal fan of the club and always has the best intentions . Unlike some chairmen today who see the game as a way of lining their pockets.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Impeccably, but it will not look good if we now go after Dowie. We of all clubs should appreciate what they are going through.

However much we want him we must be the next in line to be abused like West Ham and Reading if we sign him. Justifiably too.
The point is how many actually care?

Jul 21, 2003
i applaud DK for pushing Coppell along just wish he'd shuved him out ages agi better still not taking him on its time for an Albion legend sum1 with true blue and white connections enough of all this Pal@rse guys taking the p155 outta us GET DEANO in there he's ur man DEANO DEANO DEANO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports