Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Viera

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
There are times in life that turning the other cheek or just walking away aren't the right answer. IMO PV was not right by normal circumstances but if you think some prat giving it large in your face is normal circumstances then we have different standards.

The people at fault are the people in charge of the FA/EFL/PL who should have made some statements on the subject after the first pitch invasions , way before this game started e.g. mass pitch invasions will cost you points.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Martin Ziegler of the Times tweeted no action to be taken against Vieira by the FA.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Viera is a very lucky guy.

I remember altercations after matches in the Sussex leagues, where fines and bans were handed out.
And that was just done by a referees report, how did he get away with video evidence as clear as that? Pure bonkers imo.

Cantona also kicked a fan but got an actual (big) punishment although, arguably, he was more justified than Viera because he faced extreme xenophobia and the fan really deserved it.

The F.A have set a precedent, I hope they don’t regret it in the future.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Cantona also kicked a fan but got an actual (big) punishment although, arguably, he was more justified than Viera because he faced extreme xenophobia and the fan really deserved it.

I think the fan being in the stands and not on the pitch played a part in the decision.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Martin Ziegler of the Times tweeted no action to be taken against Vieira by the FA.

Despite all the weird handwringing on this thread, it is of course the right decision to take no action against him.

Ridiculous opinions on this thread.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Viera is a very lucky guy.

I remember altercations after matches in the Sussex leagues, where fines and bans were handed out.
And that was just done by a referees report, how did he get away with video evidence as clear as that? Pure bonkers imo.

He did.

[tweet]1527602067530993666[/tweet]

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
In professional wrestling, if a fan jumps the barrier and gets in the performers faces, they kick the crap out of them (for real)

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He did.

[tweet]1527602067530993666[/tweet]

Nice one Cloughie!
Single-handedly putting an end to football hooliganism!

Nope!
An alcoholic narcissist, throwing punches at fans on the pitch.
He was fined and banned from the touchline for the rest of the season, for bringing the game into disrepute.

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I reckon that seeing what Chelsea are stumping up for Potter & The Gang, Beaky will soon announce an extended contract for Paddy V (with a newly inclusive whopper buy out clause).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For a minute I thought this bump was going to be someone suggesting we make an approach.

*shudders*

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I was wondering if someone was linking him to us. False alarm.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
If nothing else there would be a high amusement factor at the unrest this would cause to them up the road ! :lolol:

Who are PV s back room staff ?
They do seem to be playing a style
Not accustomed to the hood rat massive @ smellhurst
Hoof ball to Dwayne dibbley anyone ?
I think this might just have some potential ?

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Who are PV s back room staff ?
They do seem to be playing a style
Not accustomed to the hood rat massive @ smellhurst
Hoof ball to Dwayne dibbley anyone ?
I think this might just have some potential ?

I must admit I have no idea who is in his back room team, but I would certainly prefer Viera over some of the other names being linked to us, ie. Nathan Jones & Russell Martin, and he has got them playing a decent style of football. Let’s be honest, you feel he would definitely give it serious consideration if comparing the set-up and squads and league position at both clubs.

It’s worth sticking a tenner on him to get him featuring in the bookies favourites - the reaction up there would be bloody hilarious ! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here