Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Video of the WSL incident

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
In my experience he doesn't have a lot of time for fans.
An apology for his lack of professionalism would go a long way though...

If, as described, he approached the fella, shouting and swearing, offered him out and had a scuffle then it's a tad more serious isn't it? If the fella had done the same he would have probably have been nicked.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Ah, yes, of course. So 1901?!

Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 23.32.31.png :moo:

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
In my experience he doesn't have a lot of time for fans.
An apology for his lack of professionalism would go a long way though...

I've played against PW and can tell you he is a horrible b*****d on the pitch. As soon as the game was over he was a different person altogether though and actually apologised for a bizarre confrontation that had occurred earlier in said game. He's a decent fella and a monsterously fierce competitor. The kind of player I wish we were able to put on the field in the current situation.

Without excusing PWs behaviour (I didn't see it myself) I think you've got to remember that these pros and ex pros are of a different breed on match days. Particularly the lads like Watson who forged a career for themselves in the lower leagues where you're not protected with exuberant long term contracts. They adopt an almost feral aggression and more often then not it's that added ferocity which enables them to prolong their career in the pro game. That mentality persists, and unfortunately has allegedly manifestesd itself in the most unbefitting manner on this occasion.

I hope that this matter is amicably resolved, although in some bizarre way I'm pleased that we do have people working at the club who do actually care. Despite what is said/written.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
If there are people who know this chap, are they able to get his side of the story.

Something clearly enrages him massively.

Aparantly the man in question overheard sami saying to nathan jones " they think im out of a job after this game , they got a nasty shock coming to them ". Then the man shouted please dont be true. Then a stuard came over and said im sorry sir its true. At wich point the man starts to walk out thinking he aint watching anymore of this s*it. Then another stuard wispers in his ear from behind " im the one who convinced bloom to stick by him " . At that point the man saw red and through a punch. the other stuards tried to restrain the bloke , but the bloke shouted put me out of my misery i cant take anymore of sami so the stuards startsd throwing punches to lay the man out so he didnt have to worry about sami for a little while.

This is a sad story of someone who has been driven mad my that god awfull manager called sami hyppier. Unfortunately this is just the start. This will spread, sami needs to go before more people drive themselves mad, and start doing crazy things.

toney bloom , if ur reading please help this man. He's paying some of the highest season ticket prices in the football league, and he and everyone who watches the club can se were sami is going wrong except for that **** on the touch line. Bloom only you can pull the trigger and save us all. Please toney think of the children , think of all of us who are paying good money to watch the sh!t on offer.

sack the c**t.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I've played against PW and can tell you he is a horrible b*****d on the pitch. As soon as the game was over he was a different person altogether though and actually apologised for a bizarre confrontation that had occurred earlier in said game. He's a decent fella and a monsterously fierce competitor. The kind of player I wish we were able to put on the field in the current situation.

Without excusing PWs behaviour (I didn't see it myself) I think you've got to remember that these pros and ex pros are of a different breed on match days. Particularly the lads like Watson who forged a career for themselves in the lower leagues where you're not protected with exuberant long term contracts. They adopt an almost feral aggression and more often then not it's that added ferocity which enables them to prolong their career in the pro game. That mentality persists, and unfortunately has allegedly manifestesd itself in the most unbefitting manner on this occasion.

I hope that this matter is amicably resolved, although in some bizarre way I'm pleased that we do have people working at the club who do actually care. Despite what is said/written.
The bloke caused the scuffle on Friday night and showed himself and the club up. All the bollocks about being feral is a load of shite. He needs to remember that with out STs like the lad he kicked off at he wouldn't have a job. Personally I think he needs to be brought to task over his actions as I assume that matey will be banned. If he can't be trusted not to be so precious of someone's opinion he needs to sit away from the fans or not attend the games!

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
I am in the video as I sit just in front of him. What happened was he stood up at had a real go at Hyppia and Jones calling for them to be sacked. Paul Watson, the ex player and physio, started having a go back so the lad said that he hoped he got sacked too. This then lead to Watson coming over to him swearing his head off and offering him out and a scuffle followed, quickly dispersed by stewards. All calmed down and the stewards could be seen having a mothers meeting involving managers and supervisors and after about 5 to 10 minutes about 8 to 10 stewards marched up the steps and tried to grab him out. One women steward totally lost the plot and started to yell at matey. It then, very quickly turned into the melee you see on the video. The lads dad and brother got involved and ended with the lad being jumped on by 5 stewards. He had by now totally lost the plot. The whole incident was initially caused by Paul Watson totally unprofessional behaviour and then by inept and dangerous stewarding.
Having sat near the guy since Amex opened he can be mouthy however on this occasion the stewards went totally over the top and Watson should be reprimanded for his part. No doubt he will now be banned, it would seem that as fans we are now no longer able to have an opinion!
Symptomatic of the current malise at the club!

With every day that passes I feel less and less proud to be associated with what our Club has become. How sad.

Watson, you utter ****.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Aparantly the man in question overheard sami saying to nathan jones " they think im out of a job after this game , they got a nasty shock coming to them ". Then the man shouted please dont be true. Then a stuard came over and said im sorry sir its true. At wich point the man starts to walk out thinking he aint watching anymore of this s*it. Then another stuard wispers in his ear from behind " im the one who convinced bloom to stick by him " . At that point the man saw red and through a punch. the other stuards tried to restrain the bloke , but the bloke shouted put me out of my misery i cant take anymore of sami so the stuards startsd throwing punches to lay the man out so he didnt have to worry about sami for a little while.

This is a sad story of someone who has been driven mad my that god awfull manager called sami hyppier. Unfortunately this is just the start. This will spread, sami needs to go before more people drive themselves mad, and start doing crazy things.

toney bloom , if ur reading please help this man. He's paying some of the highest season ticket prices in the football league, and he and everyone who watches the club can se were sami is going wrong except for that **** on the touch line. Bloom only you can pull the trigger and save us all. Please toney think of the children , think of all of us who are paying good money to watch the sh!t on offer.

sack the c**t.

Ok I haven't been on here much but whos second joke account is this?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not impressed with the stewards here at all. Classic case of OTT numbers of stewards and aggravating the situation. Totally clueless and a lack of empathy to how everyone was feeling that night. If he wants to shout at Hyypia because he's frustrated he wasn't alone & surely has every right to express his opinion as a paying 'customer'...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not impressed with the stewards here at all. Classic case of OTT numbers of stewards and aggravating the situation. Totally clueless and a lack of empathy to how everyone was feeling that night. If he wants to shout at Hyypia because he's frustrated he wasn't alone & surely has every right to express his opinion as a paying 'customer'...

This.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

sack the c**t.

Ha Ha. I'm with [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION]. You want to hope Farage doesn't get in! :laugh:

Seriously mate poor effort 2/10

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If he was a kick boxer (as stated above), then he could have been kicking out, and the steward is trying to get him off balance to restrain his legs.

He was kicking out repeatedly towards the stewards as they were trying to get himout of the stand (i had a better view from overhead rather than the obscured view the video offers) There is one steward seen diving in to try to grab the guys legs whilst the guy is still wildly kicking out at the stewards. (just before that attempt to grab both legs, you can see the guys leg / foot up around a stewards midrift as a result of a kick)

There was no way that the stewards should have ignored his behaviour and not to respond as he was acting out prior to the beginning of that video and appeared to be trying to lash out and hit / kick someone in a tracksuit before that and that seemed to be who he was looking to confront even with all the stewards there. (possibly in response to something that person said but i was too far away to see / hear it so that is based on speculation rather than fact, but the group in tracksuits just behind the dug outs were also removed from the area shortly after this guy was removed)

You can't tell me that one steward could have handled that situation (especially with the risk to others nearby including innocent parties getting caught) or that the stewards either provoked it or acted in a way that emflamed the situation, the guy was already worked up and already becoming violent so a few words from a steward is unlikely to have had any effect (especially as he seemed determined to fight the tracksuited guy) He was also acting very aggressively towards a female steward and right in her face too as they first tried to talk to him, so i doubt he would have listened to reason at that point)

Wouldn't surprise me if that guy is banned for life (as we commented whilst watching it from above)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

That would be a fair comment if the incident only came about because of the guy shouting his frustrations at Hyypia. However, sadly that is not the whole story, he was trying to lash out and fight with another guy before the stewards got involved - someone in a tracksuit, who was sat in the seats just behind the dug outs (and may be connected to the club? we firstly though it was a youth team member but maybe someone else with a different connection)

It shouldn't matter if the guy he was after was connected to the club or just voicing his disagreement with the guys point of view, there is no excuse for him to then attempt to hit / fight the tracksuited guy (all without a steward in sight at the time)

(- It's a shame the very beginning of this incident wasn't caught on camera too and not just the middle / end of it because if the tracksuited guy did step out of line, then you'd hope that the club would act on that too)

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
That would be a fair comment if the incident only came about because of the guy shouting his frustrations at Hyypia. However, sadly that is not the whole story, he was trying to lash out and fight with another guy before the stewards got involved - someone in a tracksuit, who was sat in the seats just behind the dug outs (and may be connected to the club? we firstly though it was a youth team member but maybe someone else with a different connection)

It shouldn't matter if the guy he was after was connected to the club or just voicing his disagreement with the guys point of view, there is no excuse for him to then attempt to hit / fight the tracksuited guy (all without a steward in sight at the time)

(- It's a shame the very beginning of this incident wasn't caught on camera too and not just the middle / end of it)

Read my post fella, I sit the row in front of him and was caught up in the middle of all this. I wasn't looking from afar making assumptions about it. What your spouting is utter bollocks. paul Watson started on him not the other way around. Get your facts straight!

Rebeckah11

Apr 7, 2013
I am in the video as I sit just in front of him. What happened was he stood up at had a real go at Hyppia and Jones calling for them to be sacked. Paul Watson, the ex player and physio, started having a go back so the lad said that he hoped he got sacked too. This then lead to Watson coming over to him swearing his head off and offering him out and a scuffle followed, quickly dispersed by stewards. All calmed down and the stewards could be seen having a mothers meeting involving managers and supervisors and after about 5 to 10 minutes about 8 to 10 stewards marched up the steps and tried to grab him out. One women steward totally lost the plot and started to yell at matey. It then, very quickly turned into the melee you see on the video. The lads dad and brother got involved and ended with the lad being jumped on by 5 stewards. He had by now totally lost the plot. The whole incident was initially caused by Paul Watson totally unprofessional behaviour and then by inept and dangerous stewarding.
Having sat near the guy since Amex opened he can be mouthy however on this occasion the stewards went totally over the top and Watson should be reprimanded for his part. No doubt he will now be banned, it would seem that as fans we are now no longer able to have an opinion!
Symptomatic of the current malise at the club!

I was a few rows in front of the guy too and that's exactly what I saw happen. The strange thing was it had all quietened down really, there were some stewards sitting nearby but nothing was happening, then the rest came back after their little mothers meeting and wham; it all kicked off! The guy basically didn't want to be manhandled out - and I don't blame him! The stewards behaviour was diabolical. Paul Watson just sat there with a huge smug grin on his face the whole time.

- As for hearing what Sami and Nathan were saying from that distance: jog on lol

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
The bloke caused the scuffle on Friday night and showed himself and the club up. All the bollocks about being feral is a load of shite. He needs to remember that with out STs like the lad he kicked off at he wouldn't have a job. Personally I think he needs to be brought to task over his actions as I assume that matey will be banned. If he can't be trusted not to be so precious of someone's opinion he needs to sit away from the fans or not attend the games!

But it really isn't bollocks is it? Why do you think that old men like Wenger and Ferguson still get rattled and continually got into confrontations with opposing benches? It's an instinct that they have and can't just readily turn it off. It isn't an arbitrary emotion, it's something that they have worked on and perfected over their careers and it consumes them on match days. They spend all week building themselves up then become different people on a Saturday. If Hyypia had a touch more of that, vocally getting after 1 or 2 players and being "passionate" you'd have more people jumping to his defence than you currently do. People would be blaming the players more for not caring etc.

I reiterate; I didn't see it and take your word about the incident. But attempting to engage wound up professionals who are doing their best only to get annoyed when they respond in a similar manner to which they themselves have been addressed is, in my opinion, daft. How would you react if you received that level of abuse at work? Particularly if you perhaps felt that a colleague of yours was being singled out for unwarranted criticisim? Some people can ignore it, others can't. Call it unprofessional all you like but I personally have enormous sympathy for anyone is expected to put up with that amount of sh** without the 'right' of reply.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Read my post fella, I sit the row in front of him and was caught up in the middle of all this. I wasn't looking from afar making assumptions about it. What your spouting is utter bollocks. paul Watson started on him not the other way around. Get your facts straight!

I hadn't read the whole thread upto the point when i posted this.

As i said though, i didn't see the the very beginning of this incident but saw more than the video showed.

I only saw the guy going for the tracksuited guy before the stewards were really involved and the start of the coverage of the incident was during the lull before it kicked off again and that there was more to it beforehand which wasn't captured.

I didn't see PW (if it was him) attempt to hit / punch the guy, and would have been too far away to hear anything that he may or may not have said to provoke the guy (not sure why a few words form PW can be used to justify the violent behaviour of one fan) all i saw was just the other way around (guy going for the tracksuited guy) hence my comments about what i saw. It could have happened for all i know (not saying it did) but i didn't see it. - he may have been to blame (or maybe not, but that is not part of what i saw)

The post was in response to someones post which seemed to imply that the stewards had approached the guy and their actions caused the whole incident because they provoked the guy to act out and kick off when the guy had only been voicing his disproval at Sami and nothing else had occured prior to that. I was (probably badly) making the point that there was far more to it than that and it wasn't fair to pin the blame on the stewards for this

I had already edited it before you replied to say that if the club employee was out of line, then he to should be dealt with by the club too.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here