Vicente

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Comments from Wayne Bridge, "Gus has revitalised my love for football after I was in the wilderness at Manchester City." and "He got me to focus and enjoy my football. He is a top-class manager both tactically and on the man-management side, one of the best I have worked with"

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...rfire-manager-gus-poyets-prowess-8623045.html

On phone to Bridge:

Gus: I'm getting some really bad press at the moment, can you put in a good word for me?

Bridge: Sure what do you want me to say?

Gus: Just tell them that I am a top-class manager both tactically and on the man-management side, one of the best you have worked with.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
On phone to Bridge:

Gus: I'm getting some really bad press at the moment, can you put in a good word for me?

Bridge: Sure what do you want me to say?

Gus: Just tell them that I am a top-class manager both tactically and on the man-management side, one of the best you have worked with.

I'm not a fan of Gus, but you don't actually think it would have played out like that, right? Gus wouldn't be that interested on the sort of thing one player came out with.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'm not a fan of Gus, but you don't actually think it would have played out like that, right? Gus wouldn't be that interested on the sort of thing one player came out with.

Who knows, he was pretty desperate at the time and Bridge would have been one of the only players Gus could legally speak to.

In any case it wouldn't have been in Bridge's interest to say anything controversial so his statement was a safe one. He is also set to give evidence in Kazim-Richards’ defence along with Gus.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
This man still produces 15 page threads from NSC, that tells you all you need to know about his impact. He probably won't be coming though, so leave this alone!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Still without a club / free agent.

Surprised that is all.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Still without a club / free agent.

Surprised that is all.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is that a double surprise? As in surprise surprise.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
But he was clearly fit all of last season and only didn't play every game because of Gus of the Grinch, why would he retire?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
No more space on our treatment table at the moment surely?

Though having said that I would have already signed him if I was running the shop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports