Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's odd.

I would have expected a 'sources close to the club have played down / ruled out the possibility...' sort of quote, but nothing.

I wonder...

The Argus report this morning says there has been no contact with Vicente despite him being keen to return.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Can't understand why the Argus, having splashed the story for two consecutive days, haven't followed it up by asking the club if there is any possibility of it happening.

The Argus says

Burke said there had been "no contact whatsoever either way" with the former Spain star.

That tells you all you need to know......

The club do not want him, well thats how I read it......

how do you read it ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Vicente's outburst seemed ridiculous to me, and I am not a fan of Gus anymore. Nobody backed Vicente up.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If anything, other players stood up for Gus after that.

I wouldn't go so far as players standing up for him and any comments from players were more on the side of being diplomatic when asked about him.

I can't remember any of them saying he is the best manager in football and we haven't heard the thoughts of CMS on Gus yet.

I disagree its not slagging someone off if you think its a fact as you believe it to be true. If Vicente has said he was the worst manager he has ever come across then that is a fact for him.

Surely the 'fact' is that that is his opinion. 'Brighton's home kit is blue and white' this is a fact 'the grass on the pitch is green' is a fact. 'Poyet was the worse manager that he played under' is his opinion and as such when expressed publicly can be seen as 'slagging off'

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I disagree its not slagging someone off if you think its a fact as you believe it to be true. If Vicente has said he was the worst manager he has ever come across then that is a fact for him.

Doesn't really matter what you call it - the point still stands - how happy would any future manager be to take on a player who makes those sort of comments about their previous manager in public.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I wouldn't go so far as players standing up for him and any comments from players were more on the side of being diplomatic when asked about him.

I can't remember any of them saying he is the best manager in football and we haven't heard the thoughts of CMS on Gus yet.

Comments from Wayne Bridge, "Gus has revitalised my love for football after I was in the wilderness at Manchester City." and "He got me to focus and enjoy my football. He is a top-class manager both tactically and on the man-management side, one of the best I have worked with"

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...rfire-manager-gus-poyets-prowess-8623045.html

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Comments from Wayne Bridge, "Gus has revitalised my love for football after I was in the wilderness at Manchester City." and "He got me to focus and enjoy my football. He is a top-class manager both tactically and on the man-management side, one of the best I have worked with"

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...rfire-manager-gus-poyets-prowess-8623045.html

And

“I just think the day he walked in at this club he changed everything.

“He has made this club how it is today, how professional it is, how they have got everything right for the players.

“You look at the players he can attract to the club. In fairness, I don’t think most managers would have got them.

“When he speaks, you want to listen and you want to play for him.

“I think that is how he has got the best out of everyone.

“We went from a team in the relegation zone to a team winning the league and that doesn’t happen much in football.

“I think that proves what type of manager he is.

“He can get the best out of players straight away and he gets the respect of the players.

“I think that is massive. Everyone wants to play for him.”​

Dicker Salutes Poyet's Role - Argus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here