Vicente

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gus refused to handle the retained list so 'we' is the club (Burke & Bloom)letting him go, along with Dicker & Painter.
Spanish Dave was offered a contract by the club, but then withdrawn, and then offered again, so a totally different scenario.

Offered again once Oscar was here. How can you know he didn't have a say?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
#PrayForVicente

1331408221_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_1.jpg

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
What are the chances of a north stand Vicente song at the Bolton game? It will beat that dross of a 'Tony Blooms Blue and White Army' !!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Gus refused to handle the retained list so 'we' is the club (Burke & Bloom)letting him go, along with Dicker & Painter.
Spanish Dave was offered a contract by the club, but then withdrawn, and then offered again, so a totally different scenario.

Decisions on who to retain/release would have been made before the play-off semis (with caveats, of course).

Gus (and then, supposedly, Tanno and Charlie) simply refused to deliver the news.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

The point I was making was that Oscar is now having a say in transfers, he wasn't having a say when Vicente was not offered a new contract and when Spanish Dave's contact offer was withdrawn. Oscar will have a view on Vicente (positive or negative) simliar to his view on Spanish Dave and that view will be critical. Totally different scenarios? Not entirely.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Every time I see this thread with a new post, I log in with huge hope and expectation that someone is gonna say he's signed and the dagger is back !
But alas, no :nono:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Every time I see this thread with a new post, I log in with huge hope and expectation that someone is gonna say he's signed and the dagger is back !
But alas, no :nono:
I will remain hopeful that he will return until it is confirmed that he has signed for another club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many people click on this thread, when it's at the top, just to see if news has broken that the deal is done?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
How many people click on this thread, when it's at the top, just to see if news has broken that the deal is done?
Me. The bloke is worth the admission fee on his own. I love the beautiful game and he makes it more beautiful than most.

:)

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Lol . Of course , you've nailed it. I actually pray he's coming back....... Get on the next easy jet flight mate.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The point I was making was that Oscar is now having a say in transfers, he wasn't having a say when Vicente was not offered a new contract and when Spanish Dave's contact offer was withdrawn. Oscar will have a view on Vicente (positive or negative) simliar to his view on Spanish Dave and that view will be critical. Totally different scenarios? Not entirely.
Oscar has now been here 2 months & Vicente has resorted to getting his agent to drop huge hints via the Argus. If Oscar was impressed, then surely he would have sent for him by now?
Why hasn't any other club offered him a deal?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports