Vicente

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Vicente keen on Albion return

2618687.jpg

Vicente remains keen on a return to Albion.

The 32-year-old Spanish playmaker is a free agent after the Seagulls released him at the end of last season.

A source close to the former Valencia star told The Argus: “It is a good moment for Brighton to try to sign again Vicente.

“I think they are looking for a No.10 and Vicente has to decide now among one of the offers that he has.

“Brighton signed him two years ago on the 3rd of September. If they present an offer, I’m sure that it would be interesting for Vicente because he would be happy to play there again.”

10:00am Tuesday 3rd September 2013
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/10649473.Vicente_keen_on_Albion_return/

---

YES PLEASE!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
All agent talk I think. I'm not sure I can see Oscar going for Vicente, we already look like we have a good blend in midfield, and he seems to want to blood some youngsters

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Whether the lad returns or not obviously remains to be seen.
One thing I can say for definite though is that I would much rather see him playing in the blue and white stripes, than terrorising Bruno or Calderon for someone like Reading or QPR!!!!!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It is a big YES from me but I can imagine Barber screaming at OG not to bring him on with 20 minutes to go as it would cost us £2000!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He doesn't really want to come back. They want to use us as a two fold tactic:

1) We'd be seen as a legitimate option for him. that would drive up prices at other clubs who perhaps think other options aren't currently seen as serious options.

2) it reinforces his claim he wasn't really injured for most of last season. We wouldn't try to sign a player who was always injured, would we? Of course not, so these other clubs will assume he was telling the truth about being fit and might up their offers, make a weekly pay deal rather than pay as you play or whatever.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It is a big YES from me but I can imagine Barber screaming at OG not to bring him on with 20 minutes to go as it would cost us £2000!

You have a curiously vivid and rather overactive imagination!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If he was coming back, the deal would have been done ages ago.

Time to face facts. He's not coming.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
its not up to him is it?
Not the final decision, it's not his money.
But I'm sure he'd be involved in the discussion, esp as any contract would have to be heavily weighted in favour of 'pay per play'.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I think there's a very good chance he'll be back. Not ITK by any sense but just have a good gut feeling.

+ I want 'Vicente' on the back of my new away top.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
He doesn't really want to come back. They want to use us as a two fold tactic:

1) We'd be seen as a legitimate option for him. that would drive up prices at other clubs who perhaps think other options aren't currently seen as serious options.

2) it reinforces his claim he wasn't really injured for most of last season. We wouldn't try to sign a player who was always injured, would we? Of course not, so these other clubs will assume he was telling the truth about being fit and might up their offers, make a weekly pay deal rather than pay as you play or whatever.

Rubbish.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If he was coming back, the deal would have been done ages ago.

Time to face facts. He's not coming.

I agree. The club released him as we no longer wanted him. His agent (source close to the former Valencia star) is getting desperate to find a club for him. Naylor is just finding something to fill his daily pages.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I think there's a very good chance he'll be back. Not ITK by any sense but just have a good gut feeling.

+ I want 'Vicente' on the back of my new away top.

Yeah, I've resorted to hand washing my green and black Vicente shirt to prolong its life, just in case he doesn't come back to us!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I agree. The club released him as we no longer wanted him. His agent (source close to the former Valencia star) is getting desperate to find a club for him. Naylor is just finding something to fill his daily pages.

The 'we' you refer to does not include Oscar and may well include Gus' personal view on the man. Oscar will have a view on Vicente (see u turn on Spanish Dave) so all is not lost.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I admire your positivity, but IF we were to sign Vicente this week, you wouldn't see him start a game until November.

THANKS. Now THIS is in my head:

Oh why, see you must understand i can't work a 9 to 5, so I'll be gone til
November, said I'll be gone till november I'll be gone till november, you
Tell my girl yo i be gone till november, I'll be gone till november ill
Be gone til november, you tell my girl yo I'll be gone till november,
January, february, march, april, may, i see you cryin but girl i cant
Stay I'll be gone till november, I'll be gone till november... and give a
Kiss to my motha..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The 'we' you refer to does not include Oscar and may well include Gus' personal view on the man. Oscar will have a view on Vicente (see u turn on Spanish Dave) so all is not lost.

Gus refused to handle the retained list so 'we' is the club (Burke & Bloom)letting him go, along with Dicker & Painter.
Spanish Dave was offered a contract by the club, but then withdrawn, and then offered again, so a totally different scenario.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports