Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
“Football is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom” - Danny Blanchflower

That is why I'd love Vicente back here.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's 32 and without a club. I don't see him being a regular starter but could be a great bench option for Orlandi / Buckley. It's clear he had a massive falling out with Gus, but Oscar might fancy him. With the youth of Ince and Bridcutt around him he could be devastating.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Someone is going to sign one hellova free agent..... Not sure it will be us though :(

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
Because you know that it will show that we are less effective as a unit with him on the side. Ask yourself this, would you rather have three or four great Vicente performances this season or use the money to sign an up and coming player who could be the next Liam Bridcutt?

But we don't play the poyet way anymore

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I don't know what way we play under Oscar as I haven't really had time to digest it. However, regardless of that, from what I've seen we would benefit from a creative and attacking midfielder like Vicente.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would love him to come back so much !

Just can't see it happening though :nono:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No youre right...we concede sloppy goals and give the ball away too easily.

Or, in the case of the Burnley game, we don't sit back on a 1-0 lead, we carry on pushing forward for a second goal.

I agree that there have been a few too many wayward passes, but new personnel, a changed system, and a new coaching setup is bound to take time to bed in.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Got your rose tinted specs on mate? we conceded plenty of sloppy goals under Poyet usually in the last few minutes.

No we didn't. We had statistically the best defence in the entire league. Say what you want about Gus's attacking abilities but our defence was PERFECT.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is anyone going to be brave enough to ask Oscar, at the signing event today, if he's going to sign Vicente.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Or, in the case of the Burnley game, we don't sit back on a 1-0 lead, we carry on pushing forward for a second goal.

I agree that there have been a few too many wayward passes, but new personnel, a changed system, and a new coaching setup is bound to take time to bed in.

We were playing against ten man. And we did sit back for the last twenty minutes of the Burnley game. And the first 70 of the Millwall game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here