Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What was our W / D / L ratio when he started?

I couldnt for one second be bothered to work it out and its a pointless stat as one player doesnt change a games result on his own. Spurs didnt win for something like the first 30 games that Gareth Bale started......

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Has he even had a pre season??? Great player no doubt, but you just know he would be out injured all the time. Surely the money could be spent better elsewhere. Saying that IF he was fit and that is a massive if, he is no doubt a fantastic player.

Too massive an IF to take any sort of gamble if you ask me. That 'come and get me' type tweet smacked a bit of desperation imho. I think we need to move on.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A Vicente eager to play for the club and Oscar would be immense, on his day easily the best player in the championship would love to see this happen.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Too massive an IF to take any sort of gamble if you ask me. That 'come and get me' type tweet smacked a bit of desperation imho. I think we need to move on.

I think people are forgetting that it was the club who released Vicente.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
Vicente, spanish international, with huge european experience and that run against Derby...... In a heartbeat.

No doubt he's had his issues with fitness, Poyet (motivation?), and don't forget he had a baby in last close season, and he believed a deal to let him leave and go back home to Elche, we he comes from was reneged on? he is a dad and husband first. We'd all be pissed off if the wife and kids were not next to us.

Vicente Rodriguez on his day is sublime, as an Albion fan of many many years its rare to witness such skill gracing an Albion shirt. And i haven't forgotten the dross to have worn our shirt in the recent past.

My only consideration would be the type of contract he is on based on the 'Michael Owen' factor. He's to big a risk to commit weekly wages to without some any form of guarantee/insurance, but if some form of pay as you play or appearance related deal could be struck, to see him in the stripes again would be a privilege and a win/win for club and fans.

FFS Champions league, Europa league, La Liga winner and Spanish International!

Agree. A BIG YES from me.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Do it.

It's for the club to decide whether it's a financially prudent move. As a fan I want to be entertained and for the team to win games.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I'm very much a social beast but if I were at a work do I had no interest in, in a foreign country and Brighton were on the tellybox, we lost and I was given dog's abuse by any English-speaking colleagues, then I would probably have a face like a smacked arse.

This tells me nothing about the guy generally.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Twould be nice to see our achey snakey superstar back in the stripes. A wage we'd all rejoice over - a grand or two a week - and reasonable bonuses for being first pick and shuffling his way to goal majestically and it wouldn't be a bad move.

Dec 29, 2011
I couldnt for one second be bothered to work it out and its a pointless stat as one player doesnt change a games result on his own. Spurs didnt win for something like the first 30 games that Gareth Bale started......

So all the stats of 'Win rate with and without Kompany' is complete bollocks? I think not.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Players don't have to be the life & soul of the party to be anti social. There are plenty of Spanish speaking players he could converse with but seemed withdrawn and reluctant to join in with fans.

Went they went to Casa Don Carlos the other 5 Latinos always forgot to invite him : he ain't coming back

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'm a no. Brilliant on his day but there were far too few. Let's bring in players who have the potential to do it over 46 games rather than players who will do it in one or two. Just an expensive (probably) distraction.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Because you know that it will show that we are less effective as a unit with him on the side. Ask yourself this, would you rather have three or four great Vicente performances this season or use the money to sign an up and coming player who could be the next Liam Bridcutt?

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Because you know that it will show that we are less effective as a unit with him on the side. Ask yourself this, would you rather have three or four great Vicente performances this season or use the money to sign an up and coming player who could be the next Liam Bridcutt?

I think that is right but pay as you play would still be a useful option.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Would love too see him back. Quality and excitement is why you go to watch football, Vicente is class even if only coming off the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here