Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Certainly a positive-sounding article today.

Fingers crossed we get to see him in the second half of the season, particularly on March 17th.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
from argus website

Vicente's on the way back

9:30am Wednesday 12th December 2012 in Albion By Andy Naylor

Vicente is making his way back to fitness
Vicente has been earmarked for a New Year comeback for Albion.

And boss Gus Poyet admits it will feel like a January signing if the Spanish playmaker is available again.

A thigh tendon injury has sidelined Vicente since a brief appearance as a substitute in Albion’s first home game in the Championship against Cardiff back in August.

The return of the former Valencia playmaker would provide a boost to the Seagulls’ promotion challenge akin to a fresh face arriving once the transfer window re-opens on January 1.

Poyet told The Argus: “That is the idea. It doesn’t need to be in January, it could be in December! I won’t have a problem if he can play on the 29th (home to Watford) or the 22nd (away to Blackburn). If that was the case it would be great.”

Vicente is currently on an individual rehab programme, specifically designed by Albion’s medical team to step up his recovery.

He has yet to resume training with the rest of the squad and Poyet is loathed to put a precise timescale on his return to the main group after several false starts.

“He has been training last week but with us I don’t know,” Poyet said. “He has been training more than he was a month ago.

“He has been working on his fitness in different ways, a different programme so that he can get better and maybe join the group.

“He has been doing a bit of everything, strength work, controlled training, running, the new gravity treadmill and plenty of pool exercises which could be really hard but not the same as playing.

“It is a different way of bringing him back to the first team quickly, where he can train and forget about everything. I don’t want to put a date on it, because that’s not fair.”

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Sounds to me as if he has a very complex injury and the club have treated him extremely well. If we sign a decent striker, CMS remembers how to score and Vicente comes back, we could be in with a great chance of getting a top 6 spot.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
If he is fit for the Blackburn game would this be the major earth shift that the Mayans predicted ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I really hope he's back playing by the 29th, just because I'm going and have never seen him play in the flesh.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I really hope he's back playing by the 29th, just because I'm going and have never seen him play in the flesh.

He doesn't play in the flesh, only when he scores a goal will the flesh come out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can't help but feel this isn't going to happen. I will believe it when I see it. Even if he does come back and play I will be amazed if he stays fit until the end of the season.

Also remember he played at the end of the last season when we couldn't buy a win for love or money. I would love to see him again though.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Me too. Bloody hell,I make my first visit to the Amex on the 29th and if that isn't good enough, Vicente *might* be near the pitch. *toucheswood*

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
This entire season is one giant deja-vu.

:lolol:

Start well, top of the league, then a long wait for another win
CMS starts well and fades away
Vicente plays a couple of games by xmas and re appears for the last 4 months of the season
Lose 3-0 to the team who poyet deems to be our rivals (3-0 soton, 3-0 palace as soton gone)
Hoskins played about two games

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
:lolol:

Start well, top of the league, then a long wait for another win
CMS starts well and fades away
Vicente plays a couple of games by xmas and re appears for the last 4 months of the season
Lose 3-0 to the team who poyet deems to be our rivals (3-0 soton, 3-0 palace as soton gone)
Hoskins played about two games

BUT this season, we will sign a quality striker in the transfer window, smash in tons of goals, win tons of games and gain promotion.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why why why did he start against Swindon :(

Anyhoo Salgado (thats the Salgado) wrote in his Four Four Two article last month that the best wingers he ever faced was a certain Mr Giggs and Mr Vicente

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm planning to take my 6 yr old daughter to her first ever footie game at the AMEX on 29th December. If Vicente plays, then my daughter will see me act like a child at Xmas.

I also think that those who compare our team last year and people laying the blame on our faltering end on Vicente being in the team, miss the point. This team is better than last year, Vicente will have better players around him and he wont feel that he has the need to do it all on his own.

With a striker and Vicente I believe that we can make that push. Maybe even like Reading for auto last year.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're all living in a Vicente wonderland

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm just waiting to see Bruno and Vicente take the field together and prance flaironically around the field, with a speedskating Buckley sprinting hither and thither awaiting a flick or throughball through to him. At halftime they'll talk of their next family holiday breaks they intend to share and chortle over a walrus-shaped woman they saw floating in the sea off of the Cales de Mallorca coastline back in 09, acting out the harpooning they mimed for the kids all those happy years ago.
I'll be chuffed if he's happy and wants to be a part of this all, no matter how big. And off the bench Vicente at worst is a breathtaking and demolishing factor in an end of season push for promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here