Vicente, we know you'll all agree...........

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
To the tune of “Lord of the dance”

Brighton, we know you’ll all agree
He is the lord, a football Deity
He leads us all, from Sussex by the Sea
Get on you feet for VI SEN TEA

Vicente, Vicente, Vicente (repeat to fade)

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
sorry, you need a re-think there

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Well I like it

Not really

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Can't we stop with the song threads for Vicente now? He's got one, the whole stadium knows it, it may not fit the best but its catchy and easy to sing, i've had it in my head all day.

Ole, Ole Ole Ole
Vicente, Vicente!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
saying it like 'vicentea' is almost as bad as going 'hey guys I'm so cultivated, I call him Bicente because that's how I think it apparently sound'.

Like saying Bamos (Vamos)

Doesn't work. People say it is something to do with the Spanish and vocal cords but don't the lips and teeth produce V and B? o_O

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
saying it like 'vicentea' is almost as bad as going 'hey guys I'm so cultivated, I call him Bicente because that's how I think it apparently sound'.

Like saying Bamos (Vamos)

Doesn't work. People say it is something to do with the Spanish and vocal cords but don't the lips and teeth produce V and B? o_O

I agree - attempting to speak Spanish like the Spanish do is just madness.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Let's get Vokes to ask Molly from the Saturdays next time they have crab if they can come up with a new song

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I agree - attempting to speak Spanish like the Spanish do is just madness.

I've never heard any spanish person ever saying it like Bamos, in fact, our spanish teacher at school taught us that it was Vamos and not 'Bamos'

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I've never heard any spanish person ever saying it like Bamos, in fact, our spanish teacher at school taught us that it was Vamos and not 'Bamos'

Trust me it is used - but like English depends on dialect/region.

Ultimately this is the problem for people in England attempting to get it right - but taking the effort to try and get it right shouldn't be ridiculed imho.

by contrast Te will always be pronounced Tay so Tea is clearly just wrong.

A friend of mine moved over here to learn English and told me in his first few weeks at Sussex Uni how he was trying to explain his progress with the language by announcing that he was "having problems with my bowels." Not quite what the tutor was expecting to hear no doubt!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To the tune of “Lord of the dance”

Brighton, we know you’ll all agree
He is the lord, a football Deity
He leads us all, from Sussex by the Sea
Get on you feet for VI SEN TEA

Vicente, Vicente, Vicente (repeat to fade)
choreoklnhomeufgznwkx.png

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Trust me it is used - but like English depends on dialect/region.

Ultimately this is the problem for people in England attempting to get it right - but taking the effort to try and get it right shouldn't be ridiculed imho.

by contrast Te will always be pronounced Tay so Tea is clearly just wrong.

A friend of mine moved over here to learn English and told me in his first few weeks at Sussex Uni how he was trying to explain his progress with the language by announcing that he was "having problems with my bowels." Not quite what the tutor was expecting to hear no doubt!

if it's a dialectical issue, then, as I have been doing, I shall continue to say Vicente. I mean, the same logic couldn't be applied to say...Billareal or Balencia or...Andre Veeyash Boashh...or Bolibia, perhaps I could buy an old fashioned Bolbo to drive home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports