Vicente Readings main transfer target in summer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Without knowing the (contractual) deal I thought we had a good chance of keeping him. But it's the one thing that keeps coming back in to my mind from yesterday ... he's getting on, and (kind of) proved his fitness but I can see him being royally pissed off at trying to be a one man team. After the humiliation of yesterday and recent poor performances (excludes Reading) I think that will have made his mind up to go, can't blame him

Would be horrified if he chose Reading though - a solid mid table Prem club could use him, think he'd opt for London over Midlands or North so Fulham sounds a reasonable shout, might even interest Spurs?

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I really think he'll stay. I don't think he's cut from the same cloth as most other footballers. I'm sure everyone has gone over the whys and what's, so I'll keep it brief, but think back to what he said when he moved here. Sussex offers him much more than Reading could, and as someone who has had recurring bouts of depression at various points in my life, I'd much rather deal with that in Brighton than a shithole like Reading (seriously, it's such a miserable soulless town)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...he'll play for a Spurs or someone like that. He won't look out of place at Man Utd.

.. Arsenal have been using Benayoun lately. Vicente is twice the player of him. Would fit like a glove in that team.

again, all these teams neglected to offer him any deal last summer, so why would they now be interested?

James90

Apr 14, 2012
No chance, he probably won't leave next year he came to play football! He doesn't care about wages! Poyet was the main reason he came! He would only go if poyet left.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
It must be remembered that Reading have now got very wealthy owners and are likely to bring in some top players for the coming season,probably the only club who would keep their place in the Premiership

XimoVCF

Mar 12, 2012
Thought you guys might be interested in this. Video I made of Vicente in his prime playing against Barça. Difficult to get old footage. Not his greatest game, but you get the idea. Quality.

Edit - I can't post YouTube links because my post count isn't high enough.

Copy and past "ximovcf vicente vs. fcb" into YouTube and it should be the third video.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Thought you guys might be interested in this. Video I made of Vicente in his prime playing against Barça. Difficult to get old footage. Not his greatest game, but you get the idea. Quality.

Copy and past "ximovcf vicente vs. fcb" into YouTube and it should be the third video.

Terrific, mate.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Without knowing the (contractual) deal I thought we had a good chance of keeping him. But it's the one thing that keeps coming back in to my mind from yesterday ... he's getting on, and (kind of) proved his fitness but I can see him being royally pissed off at trying to be a one man team. After the humiliation of yesterday and recent poor performances (excludes Reading) I think that will have made his mind up to go, can't blame him

Would be horrified if he chose Reading though - a solid mid table Prem club could use him, think he'd opt for London over Midlands or North so Fulham sounds a reasonable shout, might even interest Spurs?

Sadly, I think you are not that far off the mark there.

I recollect that there was an option for an extension but I don't hold out too much hope on that

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
How ridiculous.
I'm sure he was attracted to Brighton because of our manager who is highly regarded in the world of football, our passing style, our state-of-the-art stadium our beautiful city and the fact that we have people at the club that speak Spanish.
Reading have a physio for a manager, their ground is a soulless bowl built on a tip, their city.. sorry I mean town, is a shitehole, and they do not have one Spanish player (and their fans are bellends)
The only thing they can give him is Premier League football- if he wants to play in the Premier League that badly, it certainly won't be with Reading.

Never going to happen.

XimoVCF

Mar 12, 2012
Yep, that's the one. Thanks for posting it.

Like I said before, I'm thrilled to see another group of fans that appreciate Vicente.

Looks a bit unlikely now I guess, but hope you guys manage to push on to make the playoffs.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yep, that's the one. Thanks for posting it.

Like I said before, I'm thrilled to see another group of fans that appreciate Vicente.

Looks a bit unlikely now I guess, but hope you guys manage to push on to make the playoffs.

Appreciate Vicente? The man's a football god!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Thanks, very much enjoyed that. It's incredible to have a player of his stature at our club.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm sure Reading want Vicente, but want and will get are 2 different things.

I think and hope he'll be here next season, but really if he wants a move, I think his sights will be set on a little higher than Reading, be that in England, or Spain.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Surely if he wanted to play for a Premier League club he would have gone to a Premier League club instead of Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports