Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente has [not] signed [yet]

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
That option has yes. But Sitch said "Vicente has signed", i.e. he'd signed the new deal the club were offering - which he hasn't (yet). Which is completely different to the club extending the contract regardless of whether Vicente may or may not have wanted it

I don't think it's too diifficult to imagine someone is told "the club has extended the contract" and to relay it as "he has signed", it would be very easy to be told the first and assume the second, even if it wasn't strictly accurate.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
can't believe this thread is still ongoing, poor [MENTION=20109]Sitch[/MENTION]

Exactly, let it go. Those moaning 'Sitch didnt say word for word' etc pathetic.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], if anyone else keeps on with the moaning, can you put a picture of Dot Cotton as their avatar and we can see them for what they are.

FFS its a message board, rumours, claims and comments are made. No different to some convo's that happen in a pub for most of us (the launderette for the Dot's). Lighten up

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
can't believe this thread is still ongoing, poor [MENTION=20109]Sitch[/MENTION]
Poor Sitch? He's a wind-up merchant pissing himself that so many gullible cretins believed him and believe that he has some sort of inside track on goings-on at the club. Some of the really gullible ones have said that he has a good track record, whereas all he says is the equivalent of "it'll rain tomorrow" (i.e. something that has a good chance of happening anyway) and can then say "See. I told you so!"

All part of the rich tapestry of NSC - as are the inevitable binfests that follow WUMs around.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Poor Sitch? He's a wind-up merchant pissing himself that so many gullible cretins believed him and believe that he has some sort of inside track on goings-on at the club. Some of the really gullible ones have said that he has a good track record, whereas all he says is the equivalent of "it'll rain tomorrow" (i.e. something that has a good chance of happening anyway) and can then say "See. I told you so!"

All part of the rich tapestry of NSC - as are the inevitable binfests that follow WUMs around.

In fairness, there are plenty of people on here that fit that description. Not sure why Sitch gets all the stick either.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Exactly, let it go. Those moaning 'Sitch didnt say word for word' etc pathetic.

People pointed to the carefully worded nature of his Mattock thread (where he said mattock was to sign for us) when people pointed out mattock hadn't signed ("sitch said 'to sign', not that he had, clearly he was going to, but changed his mind at the last minute") You can't claim he is careful with his words to make him right, then say people are being picky about his words to stop him being wrong.

Unless I've missed something, this evening is looking to e the third night without one of these supposed daily news releases.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Unless I've missed something, this evening is looking to e the third night without one of these supposed daily news releases.

Looking at the Seagulls website, they're making sure they get at least one item of news out each day. Today it just seems to be about Chelsea and Reading tickets, but it certainly looks as though they're scraping the barrel for something when there's no real news.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here