Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente: Football Over Money

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:swoon:

I tend to be sceptical when it comes to a new player proclaiming their love for the incoming team, but in this instance, he has been non-committal, but positive. An honest account, your honour.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Is Vicente definitly number 15?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Very class act indeed. I feel for him; it must be difficult coming into a team where you hardly speak the language, so it's great that he has Inigo and Tanno there to help him fit in. Hopefully he'll pick up English fast, though I doubt he'll ever come to understand a word Nooney is saying. :lol:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
It makes such a refreshing change to what goes on a lot of the time with players just following the cash.
It must be difficult for Uncle Sven to understand that there are still players out there that are governed by their love of playing football rather than the pound signs on a piece of paper.

Vicente comes across as a really top bloke, and he's our top bloke!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Great copy:

Yet, had Vicente Rodríguez, who joined Brighton and Hove Albion after his release from a decade's service with Valencia, moved to an English club seven years ago the thunk of Sky's ersatz thunderclap sound effect would have made the host Jim White's head explode like a bullet-struck balloon full of chopped liver.

and

The Championship leaders already have a surplus of flair in a talented squad expertly assembled by Gus Poyet but the arrival of the Spaniard, who won 38 caps before his 25th birthday, promises to be the Seagulls' crowning glory.

Can't believe it's US!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
:lolol: Some of the Palace comments on that Guardian article! They are totally consumed with jealousy and hatred, and they are still droning on and on and on about our finances and how its all going to come back and haunt us etc... They just can't accept that we ARE well run, not in debt and doing things the right way within our means unlike them. I still predict they will be struggling financially yet again later this season. Mugs.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Interestingly he says hes not quite fit enough to start a full game but will be soon.
I think from that he's pencilling in the Liverpool game for his debut

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here