Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente debut...leicester or liverpool... What do we think?

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I would like to see him used as a sub against Liverpool for last 15 mins, then have him on bench for Leeds and Palace. Then gradually increase the work load. No point rushing, or we may never see him again this side Xmas.

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
He said 2 hours ago in Cadena Ser (radio station in Spain) that he won't probably play this weekend against Leicester, but he can play against Liverpool or at least that's what he wants.

And this is the rest of the chat he had with Pedro Morata &Co:

ser-deportivos-progr-15-9-2011-audios (Min. 29:00)

- Gus called him 3 weeks before he signed and they talked 3-4 times and finally Poyet convinced him to go to Brighton that last week.

- He's very happy in Brighton until now; he likes Gus' way of training etc; and everybody has treated him very well and helped him, specially Iñigo.

- He confirms that Gus wants him to play in every attacking position if needed and most likely as second striker, because the team doesn't need another LW atm.

- He rejected offers from Champions League sides Olympiakos and Villarreal (coach Garrido wanted him and they were very close to agreed) and other Premier League, la Liga, Turkish and Russian teams. Finally the interest showed by Gus and the visit to the club and stadium was what convinced him to accept Brighton's offer.

- Gus wanted him to sign more than only 1 season but he wanted to try and see if things go well and he can adapt to English football.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I agree, although I would expect him still on the bench for the Leeds game
So full debut against Palace? Not sure that would be advisable...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I would like to see him used as a sub against Liverpool for last 15 mins, then have him on bench for Leeds and Palace. Then gradually increase the work load. No point rushing, or we may never see him again this side Xmas.

I think this'll happen tbh. You can't justify dropping anyone at the moment and Vicente will just have to wait. I honestly think Liverpool will be the perfect stage for him.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
He said 2 hours ago in Cadena Ser (radio station in Spain) that he won't probably play this weekend against Leicester, but he can play against Liverpool or at least that's what he wants.

- Gus called him 3 weeks before he signed and they talked 3-4 times and finally Poyet convinced him to go to Brighton that last week.

- He's very happy in Brighton until now; he likes Gus' way of training etc; and everybody has treated him very well and helped him, specially Iñigo.

- He confirms that Gus wants him to play in every attacking position if needed and most likely as second striker, because the team doesn't need another LW atm.

- He rejected offers from Champions League sides Olympiakos and Villarreal (coach Garrido wanted him and they were very close to agreed) and other Premier League, la Liga, Turkish and Russian teams. Finally the interest showed by Gus and the visit to the club and stadium was what convinced him to accept Brighton's offer.

- Gus wanted him to sign more than only 1 season but he wanted to try and see if things go well and he can adapt to English football.

Thank you for that Mestalla - great scoop! Interesting Gus wanted more than a 1 year deal for him too and that he's seen as a second striker

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War

Thanks for translating that Mestalla, very interesting indeed......

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think he will be on the bench when we play the scousers , rested for the Leeds game and make a full home debut against Palace. Palace could well be shitting themselves with Vicente & CMS playing in the stripes.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
would have thought that the 2 games in 3 days would see a rotation of wingers playing 60/30 then 30/60ish. i.e start one match then be subbed, then come on as sub at the end. So he'll play no wingers.

I would say Gus'll save CMS for Leeds too, and play Barnes alone vs Liverpool.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I will be truly surprised if Vicente is named for the Leicester game on Saturday, it is a hugely important game and Gus will be very aware of the limitations in terms of putting subs. on the bench.

Don't misunderstand me, I think that VR is a player who will be hugely important for us this year but, trust Gus, neither he nor VR will want to turn out until completely match fit.

Having said that however, I can't wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here