Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente - classiest Albion player since....or ever?

boik

Maybe my memory is playing tricks, but I always thought Frank Worthington looked liked he found the game incredibly easy, which is normally a sign of class. Not world class like Vicente I guess.

Feb 14, 2010
Gotsmanov obviously - I think he makes an all time eleven in the book "inverting the pyramid" and played for a great Russian side. After that, Foster played world cup 82, Lawrenson won everything with the scousers, and never forget Charlie Webb's Charity Shield winners.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Lawrenson is the only other "world class" player I've seen in an Albion shirt - and playing at or close to that level at the time.

Feb 14, 2010
Gotsmanov played the European Cup Finals before joining us. Lawrenson was on his way up. Vicente, doing well after coming back after injury. Hopefully we will keep him longer than Gotsmanov, but Gotsmanov wins it for me hands down. Best player seen at Brighton, and with Gazza, I think Gotsmanov was one of the best i have seen anywhere.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
There have been more prolific players, but Vicente is deffo among the most talented. If he was given a regular starting position from now on, we would be close to unstoppable.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I think he's more skillful than Gotsmanov - if only, if only he could play every week!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
He's made the vital difference in two games we've gone on to win after he came on. Six points that could give us a shout of making the play-offs.

The debate on his worth is now closed. No matter what he does for the rest of the season, he's scored two goals to put another nail in the skates coffin. For that alone, he is an Albion Legend & worth every penny.

He oozes class but due to his delicate fitness, I guess we have to use him sparingly. Similar to the way Spurs use Ledley King maybe?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
today vicente was sublime,but it was against pompey,ok he's done it before with valencia

best player ever to adorn the brighton shirt,yes quite possibly

would throw in jimmy case and frank worthington too

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
And LeTissier...

Don't split hairs about cameo performances in testimonial games just to try and make yourself look clever....

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here