Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Vegan raw food influencer dies of starvation aged 39

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think the point the OP is making is about influencers…and their well, disproportional influence. It’s a valid point on any subject and on her particular one she was hardly likely to be a force for good, was she ? Schools spend a lot of time having to pick over the consequences of this sort of thing and this one will likely be a bit of a case study.
Yep. To contextualise, we arrived in France a few days ago to find my step mum who has MS has been watching food and natural medicine (including homeopathy :facepalm: ) videos non stop, including one that told her eggs are used to test the Covid vaccine and then put back on the shelves. It’s been a three day job to get her to eat almost anything and she’s underweight.

I agree 100% with warning kids off Tate but let’s warn them off food whoppers too, “misunderstood souls” or not.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Not enough :moo:

:whistle:
Really strange thing to post but not such a surprise when your name is the way it is - she had an eating disorder and mental health issues

a Vegan diet can be healthy and usually actually is way more healthy than the standard western diet providing you don't eat tons of processed food

Also Alcohol causes cancer according to the WHO 'Guinness Boy'

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Really strange thing to post but not such a surprise when your name is the way it is - she had an eating disorder and mental health issues

a Vegan diet can be healthy and usually actually is way more healthy than the standard western diet providing you don't eat tons of processed food

Also Alcohol causes cancer according to the WHO 'Guinness Boy'
She didn’t drink water, thought her diet protected her against Covid and splurted all that out online to tens of thousands of followers. And then died due to her diet. Absolute Darwin Award.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
She didn’t drink water, thought her diet protected her against Covid and splurted all that out online to tens of thousands of followers. And then died due to her diet. Absolute Darwin Award.
Yes she was mentally ill and had an eating disorder. That has nothing to do with why you're posting about her and trying to use someone's death as a 'score' against Veganism

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
You really are dislikable **** on here sometimes. Many times I have wished to put you on Ignore but becuase, somehow, you are a Mod I am unable to. I'll probably get a ban now but who cares just feel better for posting that. No mental health issue is a bigger killer than an Eating Disorder and anyone suffering from one has my sincere sympathy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You really are dislikable **** on here sometimes. Many times I have wished to put you on Ignore but becuase, somehow, you are a Mod I am unable to. I'll probably get a ban now but who cares just feel better for posting that. No mental health issue is a bigger killer than an Eating Disorder and anyone suffering from one has my sincere sympathy.
You don’t think her diet advice might have killed others or given them eating disorders? Is a raw food diet an eating disorder?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe her MH issues led her to believe she was right……which then gets validated by her ‘followers’……
You don’t think her diet advice might have killed others or given them eating disorders?
I’d perhaps put more blame at the organisations that gave her the platform to do so, but they just want the clicks :shrug:

Living with someone with an ED and associated MH issues is horrific. I could probably write a book on it but it’s not something that falls into Darwin Award territory (qualification - ‘idiotic‘) imo.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Possibly it would have but I am referring to your use of the old Darwin Award insult to her as an individual who is very obviously suffering from an eating disorder.
So which came first, the raw food diet or the disorder? How do you know the disorder wasn’t caused by a minimal raw food diet and not drinking water? Would you advise that to young girls seeking beauty advice on Instagram (she was a model)?

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
So which came first, the raw food diet or the disorder? How do you know the disorder wasn’t caused by a minimal raw food diet and not drinking water? Would you advise that to young girls seeking beauty advice on Instagram (she was a model)?
You have an avatar of the Simpson's saying Guinness is good for you (it's not, it causes cancer) - are you advising us to drink Guinness also and putting our health at risk?

By the way drinking Guinness isn't a personality trait

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You have an avatar of the Simpson's saying Guinness is good for you (it's not, it causes cancer) - are you advising us to drink Guinness also and putting our health at risk?

By the way drinking Guinness isn't a personality trait
Well, there’s my “you must be fun at parties” post for this year :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here