Van Der Vaart signs for Spurs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Paxton will be a happy bunny, especially for just £8million, given that Bayern offered £18million for him yesterday and it fell through!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I assumed he was 30 odd (seems to have been round for ages!), but at 27 that is an incredible buy.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Oh, and,

noticia-rafael-van-der-vaart-nuevas-fotos-de-sylvie-van-der-vaart.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Any mention of T*******m H*****r should be banned from this board, or moved to the same place as the Big Brother crud. Cheers.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sake, hope it falls apart. He is far too good for them and 'Arry

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
:thumbsup: Should be a good signing. Although, if the signing isn't 'official' yet, and the deadline has passed ... :shrug:

I don't understand that rule. I know Premiership Teams are a bunch of crooks but still ..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As per usual with Redknapp, the timing was highly questionable.

Same as when 'Arry was at Pompey and sold Benjani to Man City, using the funds to buy Defoe. Turned out Benjani had missed two successive planes to Manchester after falling asleep, and arrived too late to complete the transfer before the deadline. Didn't stop 'Arry though, oh no.

Deadlines seemingly don't apply to him.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
That's the best signing I've heard about for a few years. Van Der Vaart is an incredible player.

What's the excuse Redknapp has used this time to force this transfer through?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As per usual with Redknapp, the timing was highly questionable.

Same as when 'Arry was at Pompey and sold Benjani to Man City, using the funds to buy Defoe. Turned out Benjani had missed two successive planes to Manchester after falling asleep, and arrived too late to complete the transfer before the deadline. Didn't stop 'Arry though, oh no.

Deadlines seemingly don't apply to him.

The Benjani one was outrageous, because Pompey had a game days later, and no-one could quite explain why he wasn't picked, as he hadn't actually been sold yet. Even AFTER that, when the transfer did eventually go through (it was virtually a WEEK after the deadline) the fee had changed, so clearly the deal had not been done at all.

I can never understand how often this guys gets away with shady deals time and time again. It's ALWAYS 'Arry who is lurking around in the background of stories like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports