Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Value of old Albion shirts

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I’ve got the chewitt wrapper top.
Excellent condition .
It’s my pension.
Until I saw your post I was about to mention that one. As much for novelty value and dubious design that one could be worth few quid in time.

Now where's my Gulls Eye ' Johnny Crumplin Football Genius ' t shirt! :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've got Mark Lawrenson's match worn short sleeve shirt from 1977/78 season.
Anyone know what that might be worth?
There has been a 79/89 Brian Horton shirt up for sale for over a year now, seller is asking £1500, no takers yet. I’d say somewhere around £1000 more likely.

When I ebay high value items like that I work on the basis that the buyers will determine the value, I list them with a starting price of £4.99 and let the auction run its course. Always promote the listing on Twitter, FB etc, the word gets around with things like that, and collectors are always searching so you can be pretty certain you’ll get the best price possible.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There are lots of deserving charity shops out there who will take your useless junk for free, instead of dumping it in landfill

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
There are lots of deserving charity shops out there who will take your useless junk for free, instead of dumping it in landfill
For sure,I love mooching around in the charity shops and to my disbelief I was in one in Rayleigh and stumbled upon the yellow Sandtex shirt,for £3.50, probably not that valuable but it made for a excellent birthday present for a replica shirt mad collector.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If it’s in good nick, £300 sounds about right. I’m an avid ebayer, in my experience, if you list it well, good photos, good description, you’ll get the best price possible there. I’ve sold well over a thousand shirts there, and can count on the fingers of one hand the number of issues I’ve had, all of which were resolved.

That said, I can’t see for the life of me why anyone would want an old spurs shirt 😄😄
Indeed! :p:giggle:. It's adult size, vgc..apart from three small dried bood spots on one sleeve, so probably involved in a terrace tear up against West Ham circa 1985 :facepalm::lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
For sure,I love mooching around in the charity shops and to my disbelief I was in one in Rayleigh and stumbled upon the yellow Sandtex shirt,for £3.50, probably not that valuable but it made for a excellent birthday present for a replica shirt mad collector.
This one?

IMG_1405.jpeg

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I have the Centenary shirt and the away shirt (AC Milan colours) from the 2000-01 season. From memory, I think we won the League Two championship in these shirts. But l haven't worn these shirts for 15 years (if not longer).

Looking at these shirts they're actually quite ugly, with the Centenary shirt being very shiny, and I just don't like the look of the away shirt in real life. This thread has provided some inspiration, I might look into selling them both.

Untitled.jpg

EDIT: Just saw the club shop are selling the centenary shirt for 35 quid. Probably not worth the effort of selling in that case.

https://shop.brightonandhovealbion....ion/retro/2402_2001-home-centenary-shirt.html

It seems some retro Albion shirts are widely available online and not as uncommon as I would have thought:

https://www.scoredraw.com/clubs/premier-league/brightonal/

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Don’t have room for so many these days. A sweat top from 1991 Wembley play off and a few odds, plus my centenary shirt signed by most of the legends at the centenary dinner.
1712997534318.jpeg
1712997534318.jpeg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
They don’t unfortunately. Recently sold some on eBay and fees were still charged.
When did you sell? Fees changed this week, I think?

(Don't know if it depends which category you use - eg Men's clothers, not Football Memorabilia or whatever)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
When did you sell? Fees changed this week, I think?

(Don't know if it depends which category you use - eg Men's clothers, not Football Memorabilia or whatever)
Last month. Don’t know what category they went under. My nephew did it all for me as he eBay’s quite a bit and I never have.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I have the Centenary shirt and the away shirt (AC Milan colours) from the 2000-01 season. From memory, I think we won the League Two championship in these shirts. But l haven't worn these shirts for 15 years (if not longer).

Looking at these shirts they're actually quite ugly, with the Centenary shirt being very shiny, and I just don't like the look of the away shirt in real life. This thread has provided some inspiration, I might look into selling them both.

View attachment 180387

EDIT: Just saw the club shop are selling the centenary shirt for 35 quid. Probably not worth the effort of selling in that case.

https://shop.brightonandhovealbion....ion/retro/2402_2001-home-centenary-shirt.html

It seems some retro Albion shirts are widely available online and not as uncommon as I would have thought:

https://www.scoredraw.com/clubs/premier-league/brightonal/
I’ve got the Skint centenary one signed by the team. A friend of mine bought it on my behalf at a local school fete at that time for about £110.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
DSC_0001~2.JPG

Only shirt I have that would be worth anything, no idea how much though.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
They go up in value. The Skint away tops from early 2000 are sort after as they haven’t been mass produced like some of the Sandex ones. The rarer White Skint away ones and the Palookaville one are worth keeping as they could really increase in value.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Would fetch around £150, maybe more on a good day

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've got one of those Palookaville ones in the wardrobe somewhere, adult size and in good nick. Only thing is, its got "Easy 10" on the back, so is probably worth about £1.50 :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here