Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Valentine's Day

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My plans for Valentine's Day this year, are to start work at 6am, drive to f***ing LIVERPOOL and back with my boss for a site visit, get home at about 7pm having already eaten (some motorway crap), then fall asleep in front of the Champions League.

Oh, the romance of it all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I will buy a card and some chocolates for Wednesday, and am taking the missus out for a nice meal on Friday. I like valentines day.

Reactions: cjd

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
My plans for Valentine's Day this year, are to start work at 6am, drive to f***ing LIVERPOOL and back with my boss for a site visit, get home at about 7pm having already eaten (some motorway crap), then fall asleep in front of the Champions League.

It's great that you have acknowledged this in your relationship. Saves a lot of hassle :)

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
"Dine a duo...". What the hell kind of sentence is that?
Like the f***ing dessert it’s probably a sharing dish the sneaky ****s and they want 75 quid each, can’t stand the place, full of better looking people than me taking selfies and photographing their food…

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

£75 pp, ffs​

The Ivy has a modern slavery policy and statement on their website but no mention of a Daylight Robbery policy

Valentine’s Day​

Celebrate the season of love with our three-course Valentine’s Day Menu, priced at £75 per person. Join us for an evening filled with romance, featuring dishes perfect for sharing.
Dine a duo of prawns to start with avocado and tomatoes, beautifully complemented with Marie Rose sauce. For mains, we have a choice of an array of other exquisite plates such as succulent fillet of beef, lobster linguine and coconut sweet potato curry. Finish with a touch of sweetness and enjoy our ‘Love is in the Air’ sharing dessert, with vanilla and strawberry parfait, raspberry sorbet, and salted caramel chocolate truffles.
Toast to your evening with a glass of Della Vite Prosecco Rosé on arrival, with love from The Ivy.
Available between 10 – 15 February,from 6:30pm.
That's a pretty shit menu for £75 !!!! But then the Ivy is a pretty shit restaurant trading on its famous name.

So £40 PP at the place we're going to :

Champagne Filter / Champagne Rose Cocktail

Foie gras on toast of bread with spices and bilinis salmon saint moret

Beetroot soup with fromage blanc spread / Scallop casserole on leek fondue

Blanquette of monkfish with saffron and pan-fried vegetables / Duck breast with honey and zucchini and brie gratin

Plus a yet to be revealed dessert and coffee

Some British restaurants really do take the piss when is comes to 'special' occassions.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
That's a pretty shit menu for £75 !!!! But then the Ivy is a pretty shit restaurant trading on its famous name.

So £40 PP at the place we're going to :

Champagne Filter / Champagne Rose Cocktail

Foie gras on toast of bread with spices and bilinis salmon saint moret

Beetroot soup with fromage blanc spread / Scallop casserole on leek fondue

Blanquette of monkfish with saffron and pan-fried vegetables / Duck breast with honey and zucchini and brie gratin

Plus a yet to be revealed dessert and coffee

Some British restaurants really do take the piss when is comes to 'special' occassions.
It's also worth remembering that every pound spent in The Ivy helps (further) feather this whacking great c**t's nest

1707753316511.png

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
It's also worth remembering that every pound spent in The Ivy helps (further) feather this whacking great c**t's nest

View attachment 175666
Indeed. And he's the owner of the ultimate set of shit holes exclusive members clubs - Soho House.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I'll :bigwave: as you pass by.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Well, I don't really care anymore what anyone thinks of "the Ivy".

I'm too old now to worry about what anyone else thinks...or care.

However....at my great age, I understand now that all the " I don't care" bollocks stated by soooooo many, it just a way of saying..." I can't really be bothered". There are so few reminders these days of showing some romance, a touch of caring, a bit of showing appreciation ...it disappoints me. I never used to bother about anniversaries, so called special days, but sooner or later, one forgets to actually do anything.

Tomorrow morning, I start the 500 mile journey ( including channel crossing) return to the UK, so that the following day, I can take my partner to lunch at the Ivy in Brighton . Is it corny ..? I suppose it is, according to some. To me, it's an opportunity to say " a heartfelt thankyou"...and "I care about you too " to someone who rather lovingly calls me "a work in progress" despite my many faults.

She's worth it ....( and on lots of other days too ).

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
im gonna smash my wifes back doors in!
From the posts you have put on here , I'm well aware that you couldn't even "smash" your way out of a soggy paper bag. You will be too busy talking shit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

£75 pp, ffs​

The Ivy has a modern slavery policy and statement on their website but no mention of a Daylight Robbery policy

Valentine’s Day​

Celebrate the season of love with our three-course Valentine’s Day Menu, priced at £75 per person. Join us for an evening filled with romance, featuring dishes perfect for sharing.
Dine a duo of prawns to start with avocado and tomatoes, beautifully complemented with Marie Rose sauce. For mains, we have a choice of an array of other exquisite plates such as succulent fillet of beef, lobster linguine and coconut sweet potato curry. Finish with a touch of sweetness and enjoy our ‘Love is in the Air’ sharing dessert, with vanilla and strawberry parfait, raspberry sorbet, and salted caramel chocolate truffles.
Toast to your evening with a glass of Della Vite Prosecco Rosé on arrival, with love from The Ivy.
You can do a hell of a lot better for 75 pp in Brighton.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

£75 pp, ffs​

Valentine’s Day​

This is possibly the most uninspiring menu I’ve ever read. The 1970s just called. They want their food back. No chance of 1970s prices though when you mix the word Valentines with The Ivy.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Well, I don't really care anymore what anyone thinks of "the Ivy".

I'm too old now to worry about what anyone else thinks...or care.

However....at my great age, I understand now that all the " I don't care" bollocks stated by soooooo many, it just a way of saying..." I can't really be bothered". There are so few reminders these days of showing some romance, a touch of caring, a bit of showing appreciation ...it disappoints me. I never used to bother about anniversaries, so called special days, but sooner or later, one forgets to actually do anything.

Tomorrow morning, I start the 500 mile journey ( including channel crossing) return to the UK, so that the following day, I can take my partner to lunch at the Ivy in Brighton . Is it corny ..? I suppose it is, according to some. To me, it's an opportunity to say " a heartfelt thankyou"...and "I care about you too " to someone who rather lovingly calls me "a work in progress" despite my many faults.

She's worth it ....( and on lots of other days too ).
Each to their own .... but .... you'd get much better food for less money at Petit Pois just 2 minutes walk from the Ivy.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

‘The Things We Do For Love’…..10cc 1976.
Never fear, perhaps your loved one will have a nice surprise for you when you get home! 🥰

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here