Valentines Day - I am taking my wife up the Amex.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
I just told the wife about this game, it didn't go well!!!

Yes I had this issue a couple of days ago - not helped by the fact that I had not twigged the date, just that it was on the Tuesday. When she asked what day I was planning on going I counted forward from the Sunday 12....13.....14! The penny only dropped when the face turned black, my prostestations of genuine ignorance fell on deaf ears. It is not as if we ever do anything on Valentine's Day, we always do someting on our wedding anniversary the week later. Mind you I am missing tomorrow's game to go ten-pin bowling with the familly for the mother in law's birthday, so I don't think she can complain too much!

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Taking your wife up the Amex for the first time is not something you do lightly. She's bound to feel nervous trying something new, and could feel uncomfortable with that many people watching.

I have tried to talk to my wife into letting me take her up the Amex for ages but for some reason she just did not let me. She said its not really her thing and she’s happy to just let me do that sort of thing with my mates.

However I’ve kept nagging her about going up the Amex and eventually she let me. Despite being nervous before she said afterwards it was lovely, much more comfortable than she thought and would definitely do it again AND recommend it to all her friends! Result!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Taking your wife up the Amex for the first time is not something you do lightly. She's bound to feel nervous trying something new, and could feel uncomfortable with that many people watching.

I have tried to talk to my wife into letting me take her up the Amex for ages but for some reason she just did not let me. She said its not really her thing and she’s happy to just let me do that sort of thing with my mates.

However I’ve kept nagging her about going up the Amex and eventually she let me. Despite being nervous before she said afterwards it was lovely, much more comfortable than she thought and would definitely do it again AND recommend it to all her friends! Result!

PMSL whose a lucky boy then!

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand

So what your saying is, I should ease her in slowly at first and then when she's comfortable let her really enjoy it properly. Might even stop for a pie and pint halfway through! Happy days :thumbsup:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCA3SWR8V.jpg

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Did you ever try Withdean ?

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Did you ever try Withdean ?

Yes absolutely - Withdean might have looked a tight fit but it was amazing what you could fit in! I find its best to make sure she's relaxed first (maybe with some fine wines so she loses her inhibitions) then she'll let you take her anywhere.

tinytears

Feb 5, 2010
She should be thankful you never treated her to the Priestfield. The journey was long & boring & it never ended in a positive result!!!

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting

I feel sorry for all the Palace fans wives and girlfriends, they always get taken up the s***hole. :nono:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Yes I too am taking the wife up the Amex on valentines day. She also doesn't like football much, but said she has heard so much about the place, she wants to see the place of worship for herself.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
told my bird valentines day is a load o shite and im going to the footy. Not sure how long we gonna stay together to be honest. Still her loss eh.

Start as you mean to go on son. You know it makes sense. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports