[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This transfer - according to the credible reporting - is pretty much done. There’s real journalists - not the kids making stuff up - confirming it with sources from Boca ,, Albion and the player left right and centre. Ignore one of them if you want (and they are certainly reliable as well) but the days of having to wait for the scarf pic are largely over (unless you want to !).
11 more pages of speculation and rumour after this post, and you're still calling some of us out for waiting until we see the picture of him holding up the shirt (or at least official confirmation from the Albion)?

Hmmmm...........

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
11 more pages of speculation and rumour after this post, and you're still calling some of us out for waiting until we see the picture of him holding up the shirt (or at least official confirmation from the Albion)?

Hmmmm...........
Not calling anyone out. Just saying it’s possible to follow the progress of transfers - which tbf is quite tedious and hard to follow given the various parties / time/ contractual nature of it - despite the blur of speculation, misinformation, and guesswork thanks to some decent journalists both in the UK and in South America. You clearly don’t - perplexed cos NSC has alerted fans to transfer progress since the year dot . So see you on the other side when the shirt pic pops up later this week.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
Does anyone honestly believe that he would develop any more quickly than Facundo or any other of our past and present South American teenagers who were thrown straight into the PL squad? Call me sceptical.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not calling anyone out. Just saying it’s possible to follow the progress of transfers - which tbf is quite tedious and hard to follow given the various parties / time/ contractual nature of it - despite the blur of speculation, misinformation, and guesswork thanks to some decent journalists both in the UK and in South America. You clearly don’t - perplexed cos NSC has alerted fans to transfer progress since the year dot . So see you on the other side when the shirt pic pops up later this week.
Yep.

............................and not a minute before! :)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Does anyone honestly believe that he would develop any more quickly than Facundo or any other of our past and present South American teenagers who were thrown straight into the PL squad? Call me skeptical.

He doesn't have to. He's costing less than 10 million quid and is 19. I don't think anyone is suggesting he'll be first choice from the moment he joins.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Does anyone honestly believe that he would develop any more quickly than Facundo or any other of our past and present South American teenagers who were thrown straight into the PL squad? Call me sceptical.

I do, I might be wrong, but given that he has experience in different positions, I am hopeful he can get De Zerbis method quickly, and be making an impact on this season.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

From the club radio team

Boca does not accept Brighton's offer. The English team will execute the player's clause at this time. Boca receives 10 million dollars NET. Barco travels in the next few days to England to have a medical check-up and sign his contract for 5 seasons

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hope the weather picks up a bit before he arrives. It's bad enough going to LANCING, but when it's freezing cold too? Good luck with that, BHAFC :lolol:

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011

Maybe? I mean, City's plan was apparently to loan him to Leicester, who are looking good for promotion from the Championship.

Obviously that's a level below us, but only one level. And it's the very top end of that level. I don't think this is one of those "he needs two years of loans before he's ready" situations.

So while he obviously won't be ready to play from day one, I wouldn't be too surprised if we see something from him this season, even if it's a few appearances off the bench.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He has a whopping 2.2 million followers on Instagram so making an announcement to his 7k twitter audience would be a bit odd!
More than our own club page 😂😂

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's not, so suggestion ignored.
?? Bizarre that you're interested in latest updates and post to this thread frequently . But then dismiss posters sharing what they've seen as all rumour and nonsense (some of it might be, some of it definitely isn't) given that you don't trust anything until the club announce something. They won't announce anything for days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports