[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Myself and @dazzer6666 have been onto his bullshit for a while - sad to out so much time into making stuff up to our fanbase - some of whom are gullible enough to believe it!

He’s been called out a fair times and still got a few bits of completely wrong stuff up. It’s a shame people believe he is some ITK

To be fair to them, they called a couple of squads correct early on, the most notable being Duffus in the squad.

It was either a hugely lucky shot in the dark, an incredibly smart educated guess or they had some very limited insider knowledge (they know Duffus who let it slip for example). I can understand people thinking he had some level of information about squads, but when it becomes transfers/injuries too? Laughable.

That’s the main problem with all these ITK accounts (apart from them being massive losers) - they get too big for their own boots and instantly overreach. Milfhunter was a prime example. He “broke” Mwepu signing for us, apparently because he had contacts in Red Bull. Mwepu signs for us and the next thing you know he’s claiming we’re signing Luis Diaz from Porto. How would you know you twat? :lolol:

It’s like a psychic guessing your dead nans name right and then using that as a basis to tell you next weeks lottery numbers.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I totally get all of that. He seems to be advised well and I think he'll get him.

I'm just saying I'm surprised we haven't heard more teams linked to him, is all. If he's half as good as it seems he is, £10m is an utter steal.

One of the SA journos is saying his ceiling is higher than all of the other SA players we've picked up (ie Caicedo, Enciso, Estupinan, Mac Allister) - that's a big statement.
But it is pretty easy to hype up young talent.
We do it all the time.
Many more youngsters have the potential to be a great player, than actually become one.

Caicedo, Mac Allister and Buananotte were all hyped up, but needed significant time to adjust to Europe/Premier League.
Whereas Enciso was considered to be a lesser prospect, but needed much less time to adapt.

I'm sure Barco is an exceptional prospect, but there are no guarantees.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is dragging on now.
The seemingly reasonable narrative from Saturday, was that we'd made our final offer (of $10.5m plus 10%) and that Barco's camp have told Boca that they want the move, and they have until Tuesday to accept the offer, or they will activate the release mechanism.

If we get no news tomorrow, then you can start to get twitchy...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
for those following a certain Mr Lion and their predictions.

- The deal isn't done
- Not sure why anybody will be going to Brighton - given the players, club and manager will be in Dubai on their mid season break.
- Barco anyway almost certainly will be on international duty in the pre Olympic u23 tournament in Venezuela so not available until mid February so even if the deal goes through will not necessarily be headed to the south coast. "in the next few days".

View attachment 172403
Barco walking into Lancing next week

Confused Orlando Airport GIF by Orlando International Airport (MCO)

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Whilst I do enjoy the excitement of transfer rumours, it does lead to some epic theorising on here if the player doesn't sign within a day or two!

I blame 24 hour news channels.

It is a multi million pound deal being negotiated by professionals. It takes time. It isnt Barry Fry on the blower any more.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
The seemingly reasonable narrative from Saturday, was that we'd made our final offer (of $10.5m plus 10%) and that Barco's camp have told Boca that they want the move, and they have until Tuesday to accept the offer, or they will activate the release mechanism.

If we get no news tomorrow, then you can start to get twitchy...
Following on, the reason it's set at Tuesday is his release clause has a further clause that in the last 20 days of the window it becomes $14m instead.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I totally get all of that. He seems to be advised well and I think he'll get him.

I'm just saying I'm surprised we haven't heard more teams linked to him, is all. If he's half as good as it seems he is, £10m is an utter steal.

One of the SA journos is saying his ceiling is higher than all of the other SA players we've picked up (ie Caicedo, Enciso, Estupinan, Mac Allister) - that's a big statement.
Looks like an incredible deal and one you can’t really lose on. I am sure there have been approaches but if the player insisted on first team football in PL then we are probably one of only ones who can credibly offer that. I also suspect pervis is going to be the summers must have Brighton player which makes it great timing for him to be joining

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Kind of agree. I've been 'Ginge' at just about every football and cricket team I've played for in the last 40 years. When it is not meant as a slight, then its not a slight - as far as I'm concerned, at least.
I was a copperknob as a kid. That’s what my mum called me. Never bothered me at all.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
They can’t hold us to ransom as he has a release clause.
However, I think we have previously offered something like $9m in two instalments and a 10% sell on.
However, it seems like they want the $10m all upfront.
Comes across as a bit short sighted from their perspective unless they have a cash flow issue.
10% of a potential sell on of say $40m would make our offer far better. They seem to want the money now which is possibly to sign a replacement asap.
Looks like he’s ours anyway.
Reported that personal terms already done.
Think we’ve done them a favour by giving them the two options.
I read somewhere that we would need to sell him on for £48m for Boca to benefit in the long term.

Maybe they are skint and need it now or not willing to take the risk? Fine, we’ve given them the option, instigate the release clause tonight and it’s done

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports