[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
9.11pm in Argentina as this Twitter account followed by 711k announces what we’re all hoping for.

I’m in.
I just posted about 20 mins ago an agreement was has been reached with Barco on personal terms 🙂👍

“Brighton’s approach to securing Barco’s transfer raises intriguing questions. The Premier League club’s decision to bid for 90% of his pass, leaving 10% with Boca Juniors for future sales, is a strategic masterstroke. This move not only respects the player’s value but also maintains a positive relationship with Boca, a crucial aspect in international transfers.”

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He will be a great cover for Pervis but also for Mitoma given he can play as a left winger too
Full analysis here

Indeed, cover for when one or both are sold in the summer. This transfer suggests forward planning for next season, rather than providing cover for this.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Strange response to a post that says we have probably just secured one of the best young FBs in the game 🙁

Why are you not over the moon - we worked months for this …a master stroke of negotiating by TB I think.

It is possible to both be delighted that we appear to be signing Barco and also think that Romano is a parasitic bellend who deserves no attention.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
It is possible to both be delighted that we appear to be signing Barco and also think that Romano is a parasitic bellend who deserves no attention.
The apparent lack of delight was the issue not that FR is a bellend 🤷🏻‍♂️ The Brighton Bubble link announcing Barco‘s interest in Brighton was acceptable as have been those posted earlier so not sure why the subsequent one I posted announcing finally he’s agreed terms wasn’t that’s all. The Bubble tend To be reasonably reliable afaik (Surely the issue is our success at getting Barco to agree to our terms not me posting a link to Bubble (who apparently retweeted an old FR post.)) 🙁

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He will be a great cover for Pervis but also for Mitoma given he can play as a left winger too
Full analysis here

Things you love to read:

‘Top European clubs like the Serie A side Juventus and, more recently, Manchester City and Brighton & Hove Albion are vigilant to this 19-year-old talent’

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Things you love to read:

‘Top European clubs like the Serie A side Juventus and, more recently, Manchester City and Brighton & Hove Albion are vigilant to this 19-year-old talent’
What’s wrong with it? Juve, Citeh and us were all expressing an interest in the Summer. Am I being trolled here- I honest can’t tell 🙁 I read that and think he is well suited to RDZs style of football.

Have you highlighted his age in bold because you think he’s not 19?

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What’s wrong with it? Juve, Citeh and us were all expressing an interest in the Summer. Am I being trolled here- I honest can’t tell 🙁 I read that and think he is well suited to RDZs style of football.
I meant it says ‘top European clubs’ and lists Juve, MCity and us!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Boca are the ones wanting 14M but they don’t have a leg to stand on as his release is (currently) 10M. Other than asking the kid from the heart, who’s been with them 10 years to speak to us about negotiating.

The player has been there since age 9 and isn’t a tw@ as seen by him considering us who are better for his long term development than a Man City YET. Much like if Dunk were to leave while we were in the Champ, he might have said to the rich top half of PL buying club, look I don’t want to leave for the clause as my side really need the money and have looked after me. I’m not asking you to wait and give them the full 14M but for me, can you please negotiate with them and offer some small sweetener. That would tempt me to move to you now and thank you for continuing interest after I wanted to remain there for 6 months to play SA Champs League.

We don’t want to pay 14M, we don’t have to pay 14M (can pay 10M) but to not piss off Boca or the player, we can discuss until Monday some middle ground. A future sell on saves all three side’s blushes as us simply paying 12M cash when the required fee is 10M makes us look bad for all future deals. Boca also probably don’t want 9.5M now if in financial trouble and a bet (all be it a confident one) that in some years they’ll get some more money. This way they get the full amount AND a sweetener. Just like the player probably asked.

Boca have zero leg to stand on though as we are being nice, acquiescing the player’s request properly and have a strict deadline due to Boca’s own terms they inserted. We cannot wait for Tuesday or it will be 14M. Common sense to the player. So Boca now in the weak position as we have the player on our side about well we’ve done all that asked and added sensible extra, if they stupidly don’t accept they’ll have to legally take the 10M instead and the player importantly seems to have shifted to our side and said yeh I’m all in you’ve done what I asked all round and Boca if they turn down the extra, aren’t.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I meant it says ‘top European clubs’ and lists Juve, MCity and us!
Ah thanks for the explanation- I skipped over that, I read it slightly differently tbh and thought he was just referring to Juve but if Rui Martins thinks we are a ‘top Euro Club’ rather than a top of the Europa League group Club - I don’t have a problem with that - fake it til you make it eh? 🙂

Oh and yes things we love to read 😍

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The apparent lack of delight was the issue not that FR is a bellend 🤷🏻‍♂️ The Brighton Bubble link announcing Barco‘s interest in Brighton was acceptable as have been those posted earlier so not sure why the subsequent one I posted announcing finally he’s agreed terms wasn’t that’s all. The Bubble tend To be reasonably reliable afaik (Surely the issue is our success at getting Barco to agree to our terms not me posting a link to Bubble (who apparently retweeted an old FR post.)) 🙁
I'll be 'over the moon' when it's officially announced by the club, not some two-bob egotistical agent botherer who's desperate for attention and who seemingly seems to get off on revealing transfers before the actual clubs involved.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

The Brighton Bubble is an aggregator. He scours the web for anything related to Brighton and reposts it, which is useful but means you have to check the original source to see if it's reliable.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The Brighton Bubble is an aggregator. He scours the web for anything related to Brighton and reposts it, which is useful but means you have to check the original source to see if it's reliable.
I didnt just rely on Bubble though - I looked at a number of sources and a picture was building that Barco had agreed personal terms (and has have given Boca until Tuesday to accept the transfer terms or he would activate the release clause ) - that’s been a major sticking point since our approach in the summer so I would say we have seemingly got this over the line.
We’ll see ….

Btw Last week I was castigated for saying there wasn’t enough substance to a dodgy rumour from only one gossip rag that justified posters saying saying ‘we were in’ because of something Riquelm said - posters agreed not only ‘in ‘ with Barco but another teammate too - in fact they were relying on far far less substance than I relied on here and no one accused them of not using reliable sources ( apart from me ) - seems you can’t win on NSC these days 🙄

Last edited:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He'll be an excellent signing but I don't think we're signing him primarily as a left sided player.

Pervis is untouchable as our first choice LB, and we play inverted wingers. Mitoma is right footed, as is Adingra, whose preferred position is on the left wing.

I think Barco will initially offer cover for Mitoma and Adingra in the short term. Then once they return he will cover Solly's absence on the right.

Eventually, when Mitoma moves on in the summer, Adingra will switch to the left wing and Barco will make the right his own.

He's a typical Brighton succession plan.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'll be 'over the moon' when it's officially announced by the club, not some two-bob egotistical agent botherer who's desperate for attention and who seemingly seems to get off on revealing transfers before the actual clubs involved.
This transfer - according to the credible reporting - is pretty much done. There’s real journalists - not the kids making stuff up - confirming it with sources from Boca ,, Albion and the player left right and centre. Ignore one of them if you want (and they are certainly reliable as well) but the days of having to wait for the scarf pic are largely over (unless you want to !).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I didnt just rely on Bubble though - I looked at a number of sources and a picture was building that Barco had agreed personal terms (and has have given Boca until Tuesday to accept the transfer terms or he would activate the release clause ) - that’s been a major sticking point since our approach in the summer so I would say we have seemingly got this over the line.
We’ll see ….

Btw Last week I was castigated for saying there wasn’t enough substance to a dodgy rumour from only one gossip rag that justified posters saying saying ‘we were in’ because of something Riquelm said - posters agreed not only ‘in ‘ with Barco but another teammate too - in fact far far less substance than I relied on here - seems you can’t win on NSC these days 🙄
Ah, but a week into the transfer window everyone is more desperate 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports