Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Unless of course it is a singing telegram. That would be very on NSC brand.
6eb75662-de58-4822-982f-8d488dd0c607_text.gif

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Has Tim Vickery had his say on him yet? Usually some pretty good insight from him.

Also, a player at Boca demanding to join us is proper mental.

He runs with his thumbs 👍, I’m getting Stuart Pearce vibes.

Should I be worried ?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
🙂 Looks like TB has got this over the line.:bloom:

Weare Brighton are we not? MacAllister I’m sure put in a word but I suspect RDZ has been instrumental too.

Here we go …:banana:

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
🙂 Looks like TB has got this over the line -Weare Brighton are we not? MacAllister I’m sure put in a word but I suspect RDZ has been instrumental too.

Here we go …

Weird that bubble chose to tag old FAB FAB when he hasn’t mentioned the contract and has tweeted once re the transfer after various German and Argie journos said it. All good PR eh Fabitwat 🤣

Jimmy Grimble

Some similarities to Pervis, some areas to improve on

Attachments

• B62578C5-70F8-4ADF-9F6A-3A9C66A96D32.jpeg
    B62578C5-70F8-4ADF-9F6A-3A9C66A96D32.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 76

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Very exciting.
Can see him featuring a lot as both a left winger and left midfielder over the next couple of months. Might get the odd game at LB too.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Very exciting.
Can see him featuring a lot as both a left winger and left midfielder over the next couple of months. Might get the odd game at LB too.
Can play central midfield too apparently.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I was having this conversation with both my boys over a Burger King at Warwick services tonight - could Pervis play left mid? We think he could, so if this Barco lad can play LM and LB then these two could swap around during a game, I think RDZ would love this…. Then add in Mitoma and it could head f*** opponents!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

9.11pm in Argentina as this Twitter account followed by 711k announces what we’re all hoping for.

I’m in.

“Midfielder Valentín Barco notified Boca Juniors on Saturday afternoon that he had made the decision to leave the club and gave him time until Tuesday to accept a new offer from Brighton of England, an entity that intends to incorporate him.

In the event that the transfer does not take place, the 19-year-old footballer also plans to leave the xeneize entity, upon the execution of the termination clause, valued at 10 million dollars.

In the last hours, Brighton increased the offer it had presented on Friday: it added 500 thousand dollars to the 10 million for 90 percent of the pass and Boca would keep the remaining 10 from a future sale.

The British club raised the figure so as not to have to execute the clause, in a decision that could be made with a gesture of good will by the Ribera institution

The Premier League team had already shown interest in the Buenos Aires player during the last transfer market, but the negotiations did not come to fruition. At that time, Barco had intentions of staying to play in the Copa Libertadores and, for this reason, he did not exert any pressure.

What was agreed upon in the extension of the contract in February of last year consisted of maintaining the termination clause at 10 million dollars, although with a protection mechanism. In this way it was automatically raised to 14 million, if it is executed within the last 20 days of the transfer market. This period will begin precisely this Tuesday the 9th.

Riquelme couldn't hold it back

The president of Boca, Juan Román Riquelme, was evaluating the possibility of offering him a new contract with a substantial salary improvement, to make him one of the highest paid footballers on the team, on a par with Marcos Rojo and Edinson Cavani. But the footballer's idea of continuing his career abroad ruled out the possibility of a contractual increase.

Last week there was a meeting about this issue between the members of the Football Council, their parents and their representative, Adrián Ruocco. But 'Colo' Barco's wish was maintained and the operation will be carried out.

In February 2023, the youth player renewed his contract until next December, after a long conflict that even left him without playing for a long time. In the middle there was a rejected offer to the Spanish Getafe, beyond the interest of Brighton and some survey that Manchester City also did.

Barco is currently training with the U23 team led by Javier Mascherano to play in the Pre-Olympic tournament that will take place from Saturday the 20th in Venezuela.

Barco played a total of 35 games in Boca's First Division during the 2023 period, with one goal scored.”

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here