Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I want this though.

I want players with fire in their belly. We're too nice most of the time. I'll risk a sending off. What I don't like seeing is the likes of Villa and Fulham, beat us, because they've niggled and snided their way to victory. We need players who can mix it with them in that type of game.
Indeed. Bruno Guimarães immediately springs to mind.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I want this though.

I want players with fire in their belly. We're too nice most of the time. I'll risk a sending off. What I don't like seeing is the likes of Villa and Fulham, beat us, because they've niggled and snided their way to victory. We need players who can mix it with them in that type of game.
You’re right - but from what we’ve seen his behaviour in the last 2 games isn’t ’that’

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
While that's snigger worthy and entertaining when it's nothing to do with the Albion I hope he doesn't bring that to Brighton with him. In this tournament he's got sent off for throwing a ball at someone and now has done that.

It's not a great look and despite any talent he has he's not going to be playing much if he's going to be that much of a liability.
It is astonishing that Villa were not in for him, tbh.

Dec 29, 2011
He's currently a big fish in a small pond. I think (hope) getting to the Premier League will ground him a bit. It's hard to be cocky when you're earning relatively little, can't speak the language and aren't the best in the team.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He's currently a big fish in a small pond. I think (hope) getting to the Premier League will ground him a bit. It's hard to be cocky when you're earning relatively little, can't speak the language and aren't the best in the team.
These don’t look like a small ponds to me……

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
While that's snigger worthy and entertaining when it's nothing to do with the Albion I hope he doesn't bring that to Brighton with him. In this tournament he's got sent off for throwing a ball at someone and now has done that.

It's not a great look and despite any talent he has he's not going to be playing much if he's going to be that much of a liability.

2-1 up Vs Liverpool in Dublin at the Europa League final, 90 seconds on the clock and he does that?

Yes please.

There's a time and place for everything.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
2-1 up Vs Liverpool in Dublin at the Europa League final, 90 seconds on the clock and he does that?

Yes please.

There's a time and place for everything.
There is a time and a place, unfortunately it won't be happening in Dublin as Barco wasn't named in the Europa League squad.

FA Cup Final it is then.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
There is a time and a place, unfortunately it won't be happening in Dublin as Barco wasn't named in the Europa League squad.

FA Cup Final it is then.
He could well be, as limited changes can still be made.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
May be a daft question but what is the “B” list for? I assume we can name Barco on the B list but not sure what the point of it is if we can only field players from the A list

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
May be a daft question but what is the “B” list for? I assume we can name Barco on the B list but not sure what the point of it is if we can only field players from the A list
The B list is for younger players (a little bit similar to the U-21s list in the Premier League, but there are significant differences).
Simplified - a player has to have been with Albion for at least two years in order to qualify for the B list, so Barco can't be named on there.
And of course players on the B list can be fielded - Ferguson and Duffus from the B list were both fielded in the group stage (others such as Hinchy and Chouchane were named as subs).

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The B list is for players under 21. However Barco isn’t eligible as players have to have been at a club for a minimum of 2 years before they qualify. That’s why players like Facundo and Enciso are named in the A list squad despite still being U21s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here