Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Tim Vickery is saying it’s a done deal (according to all the Argentine media).

Edit, found the clip from SSN - worth a listen

"A little... red-headed flea." :laugh:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
All the reels also seem to show more of a LW/LWB than a LB………I reckon he’s mostly the Mitoma cover/replacement
So he CAN play left back...? ???

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The more I think about things, the more I am convinced we are going to make Solly March our next left back...

I think he is bloody made for it.
Not from what I have heard, his days are numbered as the injury is worse than first feared and he may not play Premier League football again, I hope it was just some tw@t pub bullshite.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not from what I have heard, his days are numbered as the injury is worse than first feared and he may not play Premier League football again, I hope it was just some tw@t pub bullshite.

Unless they've had to amputate his leg surely he would need to go through a few months to a year of recovery before we would know anything like that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is simply not true. There was some Twitter - "Mr Lion" or somesuch who said or rather guessed this for clicks - only for Solly's wife no less to correct them. Of course its a serious injury - but its too early to speculate . He's had the ops and everyone will know further into the recovery where things are. There certainly hasn't been any public statement along these lines. Also Albion were in for Barco in the summer BEFORE Solly's injury.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The more I think about things, the more I am convinced we are going to make Solly March our next left back...

I think he is bloody made for it.
I think so as well. Progression from wing to full back is a well trodden path for those in the latter stages of their career or who have had injuries which have robbed them of a bit of speed off the mark, which may or not not be the case with Solly.

All through his career he's been a manager's player, someone clever enough to change position and combine attacking and offensive duties. Were we a 3 at the back team, LWB would be his dream position I reckon. But I think he could do on the left what Hinsh is currently doing for us on the right.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This is simply not true. There was some Twitter - "Mr Lion" or somesuch who said or rather guessed this for clicks - only for Solly's wife no less to correct them. Of course its a serious injury - but its too early to speculate . He's had the ops and everyone will know further into the recovery where things are. There certainly hasn't been any public statement along these lines. Also Albion were in for Barco in the summer BEFORE Solly's injury.
I figured as much to be honest, last time I was in the village pub up at Fiveways there was a little group of lads gossiping about this.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
For some reason I'm reminded of Maxwell Cornet when he says this, a little, quick, tricky left back who soon ended up playing up front for Burnley. Speaking of whom, what have West Ham done to him? Was hugely in demand when was at Burnley, but has disappeared without trace.

He fell off a gondola they were punting down the Thames to show him off. “Just one Cornet…oh.”

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Vickery suggesting what the videos and analysis all point towards. Clearly he's blossomed as an attacking player. Seems like huge potential to play a number of positions very well.
As others have said on here- given our attacking players play on the opposite flank I wouldn't be surprised to see him initially play as a right winger.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here