Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The vast majority will be ok, so no need really

I don’t ‘know’, but it’s safe to have a reasonable degree of confidence given the instructions issued and sample checking in place. I can bore you with numbers if you want based on population and sample sizes

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don’t ‘know’, but it’s safe to have a reasonable degree of confidence given the instructions issued and sample checking in place. I can bore you with numbers if you want based on population and sample sizes

Statistically that would give me the expected compliance rate. As we all know, expected and realized numbers do not always tally and can be out of kilter for quite some time, certainly long enough to spread a virus.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Statistically that would give me the expected compliance rate. As we all know, expected and realized numbers do not always tally and can be out of kilter for quite some time, certainly long enough to spread a virus.

Possibly, but if say 5% are taking the piss and going into the ground without the right docs, and then 5% of that 5% are actually positive….and you’re wearing your mask and generally keeping your distance, and have been jabbed and boosted, then your chances of being exposed to someone positive are pretty tiny.

You’re far more likely to catch it from someone with a valid covid pass who doesn’t know they’re positive IMO.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Possibly, but if say 5% are taking the piss and going into the ground without the right docs, and then 5% of that 5% are actually positive….and you’re wearing your mask and generally keeping your distance, and have been jabbed and boosted, then your chances of being exposed to someone positive are pretty tiny.

You’re far more likely to catch it from someone with a valid covid pass who doesn’t know they’re positive IMO.

And the crazy thing is that if you report a positive test backed up by a PCR test your COVID pass remains valid!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The scrutiny of passes for the spot checks is naturally varied. They are after all mindful of getting fans into the venue by a fixed time and most won’t be checked at all. (They don’t have time and don’t have to per guidance) . That said club also do more in depth checks at ticket office when they select ticket holders at random pre match / deactivate tickets / before allowing admittance . So I’d bear that in mind before sharing advice like this…

This is not advice.
This is a criticism of some stewards who cant be bothered to check if fans are complying to government and club rules that all fans should have proof on the vaccine.
Fans that have complied with the rules, have a right to know that people on the concourse or in the toilets or even sitting next to them have been vaccinated.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I mean, I like to moan, but my god there's a lot of nonsense in this thread. Of course the practice of checking Covid passes is going to vary from ground to ground, steward to steward, and the chances are some will be thorough and some aren't.

I can't say I've ever felt the need to write on TripAdvisor whether a country has a passport control that barely looks at my passport, or one that spends 45 seconds eyeing me up and down before letting me through

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

45seconds?? Jeez. Check my various Trip Advisor posts on Marrakech airport where I have frequently been held for upwards of 90seconds while they stare alternately at my face and passport and ask intrusive questions such as why am I there and what do I do for a living!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
And the crazy thing is that if you report a positive test backed up by a PCR test your COVID pass remains valid!

The only way to solve that anomaly is for the club to scan the bar codes for validity. They are reluctant to go down this route though as they can get away with doing much less. Doing the minimum and claiming adherence to Government guidelines is the default position of many businesses so I’m not singling out BHAFC.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
I went to Millwall today (home end)

They had a cordon around the outside the ground away from the turnstiles and you had to show either a Covid pass or proof of negative lateral flow test to be able to access the outside of the ground. It did seem to run very smoothly. I'm assuming it was the same for the away fans. Admittingly they didn't scan the barcodes but they were checking everyone's pass or proof of a negative test and I saw some turned away while we were waiting for the ground to open.

We went in as soon as the gates opened so I can't say if near kick off they were more lenient or not though.

I'm not sure why we can't do this.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Or just do a lft ..which personally I do instead

I don't need to, as [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] said boosters jabs are not a mandatory requirement. The only way to stop people entering the ground is for all supporters to do a test at the ground. This isn't going to happen. I have a NHS letter to say I'm double jabbed, you all have to trust me that I don't have Covid, just like I have to trust everyone else who's going in that they have honestly reported a negative test.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Having a covid passport and a NHS letter is like an MOT certificate, yes at the time you/car passed, doesn't mean u don't have Covid or ur car is still safe. Surely its now down to trust, just like we trust the scientists that the vaccine is safe.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't need to, as [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] said boosters jabs are not a mandatory requirement. The only way to stop people entering the ground is for all supporters to do a test at the ground. This isn't going to happen. I have a NHS letter to say I'm double jabbed, you all have to trust me that I don't have Covid, just like I have to trust everyone else who's going in that they have honestly reported a negative test.

Erm it was just a suggestion to help :moo:
What you do is up to you and I wasn’t querying it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here