Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Just for clarity the ID check (such as it is) is about the vaccine passport/lft. It's not related to ticket entry.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Mr Barber is still typing :)
Hopefully a short press release saying .. 'although we had good intentions it clearly isn't possible to enforce covid checks for tens of thousands of people as we have no control over crowd arrival times and limited surge capacity re staffing so everything back to normal for the Everton match' [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Wonder if PB is going to get inundated with feedback from people who had their doubts about attending but decided to go on the strength of the controls quoted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hopefully a short press release saying .. 'although we had good intentions it clearly isn't possible to enforce covid checks for tens of thousands of people as we have no control over crowd arrival times and limited surge capacity re staffing so everything back to normal for the Everton match' [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

:)
We all know there will not be a ‘short’ press release :)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Given how many people chose to stay in the crowded concourses and have a pint then perhaps the club can re-visit their decision to not put the football on the TVs.

It seems a bit of a pointless measure to me

I’m not sure that rewarding behaviour the club say they don’t want is the way forward. Considering how easily they capitulated on vaccine checking though, it wouldn’t really surprise me if they took up your suggestion.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I’m not sure that rewarding behaviour the club say they don’t want is the way forward. Considering how easily they capitulated on vaccine checking though, it wouldn’t really surprise me if they took up your suggestion.

The club can't complain if people choose to have a drink after the game. On one hand they don't want everyone leaving at once, causing extra crowding on buses and trains, on the other they don't want crowded concourses. If they don't want the concourses busy, why serve food and drinks? They could allow people to return to their seats I suppose but that wouldn't be as attractive the colder the weather gets.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If they will insist next week then they need to do something about the phone signal, my wife's phone said the NHS app wasn't available when she tried to open it, fortunately I had suggested we both screen shot the vaccine status but the glare on the phone screen at the NE entrance made it impossible to read the screen anyway

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If they will insist next week then they need to do something about the phone signal, my wife's phone said the NHS app wasn't available when she tried to open it, fortunately I had suggested we both screen shot the vaccine status but the glare on the phone screen at the NE entrance made it impossible to read the screen anyway

Why on earth was your wife opening the NHS app at that stage?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Why not just download the covid pass, its valid for 30 days and then you don't need a signal as its available in your download file on the phone.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Another impossible decision for the club. If we didn't have such draconian alcohol laws about booze in sight of the pitch then you could allow people to eat and drink anything in their seat before and after the game. You could also control constant getting up and / or beer showers by stopping alcohol service 15 mins before kick off and limiting sales to one pint per person per visit.

Unfortunately if they do as your post above (and I'm not for a minute suggesting you are in favour) then they risk losing more income and having very awkward conversations with Harvey's as well as the bigger brewers.

More outdoor bar sales would work earlier and later on in the season but not if it's cold and pissing down, and then you still get the last minute rush for the turnstiles.

A difficult position, yet guaranteed that some will moan whatever happens.

Our simple solution to this problem was to buy coffees to go with our food instead of alcohol. All consumed in the seats and took away the need for a toilet visit. Quite happy to wait to sink a couple of bottles of wine when we got back to our Air BnB.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

The club are still serving alcohol which is a bit daft if they don’t want people in the concourses given you cannot take a drink to your seat. The numbers in the concourses yesterday are hardly surprising given the number of people who like a drink at the football, so Its not about rewarding behaviour the club don’t want it’s about removing a measure that in the grand scheme of things achieves nothing.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Absolutely.

I'm just making the case that I think it IS possible for the club to conduct a 100% Covid check process, should they want to, without slowing entry to the stadium itself, particularly if security pat-downs have been abandoned for now.

I’m sure it would be possible but whether or not it is practicable is a different matter.

If things went smoothly and on average each steward could check 10 photo IDs against vaccination/test information every minute, then for 30,000 visitors that equals a total of 50 man hours work. Fine if there are 50 check points, all done in one hour - possible but probably with severe delays if there are less than 50.

Initially on Saturday there was nowhere near 50 stewards checking Covid details so abandoning the checks was inevitable.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Our simple solution to this problem was to buy coffees to go with our food instead of alcohol. All consumed in the seats and took away the need for a toilet visit. Quite happy to wait to sink a couple of bottles of wine when we got back to our Air BnB.

When I say "A beer" at the football I generally mean more than one and drunk while chatting not only to my seat buddies but the various other people I know in my stand that I don't sit anywhere near. The concourse - or pub - are invaluable parts of my day. But, let's say I was to do that between 1 hour and 30 mins before kick off, taking a final beer to the seats would be a preferable option to staying down there as it fills right up with the maskless coming in from the pub. And I would 100% stay in my seat after, let the crowd clear and then take a pint back outside with my mates.

Each to their own at the end of day, but anyone going to a Premier League game this season probably needs to trust the vaccine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here