Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uwe

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
don't think it was that , probably has done it ok in training and was instructed to take them that way. he needs to hit them harder. If it were his decision then I think Hughton would have told him off at half time after the first one. IF he can get it correct it will be a good weapon .

Steele is a 'parrier' and holds very little, perhaps we were looking for a shot on the hope of a follow up for Akpom or Murray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I feel dirty for even writing this, against my PotS Duffy.

Even though I'm struggling to remember Dunk's demeanour v Leeds, I can't place him having one if his ragged games.

On Saturday I thought LD was calm to the point of comatosed.
Maybe that's all the bookings finally taking effect (although I'd be worried if it's taken till April, for him to work it out).
Perhaps he just wasn't challenged by Blackburn.

But I do wonder if Uwe is more of a calming influence?

We all want Shane standing next to us in the trenches, but I'll be watching in future wondering if Shane's the naughty boy that get Lewis into trouble. :lol:

Wonder if the captain's armband is making a difference? Not literally in the sense of restricting the blood flow you understand.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Steele is a 'parrier' and holds very little, perhaps we were looking for a shot on the hope of a follow up for Akpom or Murray.

I noticed that a couple of times, and hoped someone would pounce. Steele also made a couple of very good saves.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I thought he looked pretty useful when he first joined us but then the injury did him in. All credit to him for settling back in along side Dunk. Positive and commanding; an outstanding performance by the BFG. MOTM. Superb.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see anything wrong with changing things ... it did n't come off on Saturday but another day who knows what would happen that said not sure if Akpom is quick enough to react, Baldock and AK are.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Uwe was man of the match on Saturday for sure and has been absolutely superb since his return. When Duffy is fit, there is no guarantee he will get back in straight away if he keeps playing so well.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Immense performance, and to have come back in that sort of form after the time he has had out, is all credit to the Albion Medical and training team. :bowdown:
Injuries and suspensions have cost us in the run-in in previous seasons, and hopefully with the depth of quality that we now have, we shouldn't end up wanting at the end of the season :albion2:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Deserved MOTM again tonight for me. Dealt brilliantly with Dunk going off ill and great technique on the volley for his goal. Top marks BFG :thumbsup:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Appalling attempt to celebrate a goal

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Massive smile on his face on when he did his lap of honour. A joy to watch our supposedly 4th choice CB play so so so well. Special mention to young Tomori was great under the mighty Germans guidance

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Massive smile on his face on when he did his lap of honour. A joy to watch our supposedly 4th choice CB play so so so well. Special mention to young Tomori was great under the mighty Germans guidance

Tomori is decent but he does have a mistake in him, slid in unnecessarily for the Brum goal. Hope Dunk is back for the QPR game but Hunemeier has been outstanding!

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
Put in an excellent shift, well deserved MOTM soaked up the extra work / pressure of not having Dunk on the pitch.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Tomori is decent but he does have a mistake in him, slid in unnecessarily for the Brum goal. Hope Dunk is back for the QPR game but Hunemeier has been outstanding!

To be fair, the Brum goal was well worked. They took it through / around a couple of players before Tomori went in.

He was so much better tonight, playing in his natural position.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
To be fair, the Brum goal was well worked. They took it through / around a couple of players before Tomori went in.

He was so much better tonight, playing in his natural position.

The lad clearly has huge amounts of potential and for a 5th choice CB I'm honestly not complaining, just feel that he still has a bit to learn. I remember Dunk going through a stage of making a costly error every game. It was well worked but his slide tackle did give them space in the area.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He wasn't near the level he was on Saturday, particularly in the first half where he made 3 rather big errors that would've led to goals on another night.

However, after he got over that, and strangely once Dunk went off, he massively improved and deserved his goal. MOTM tonight? Shirley not. But still very good.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The lad clearly has huge amounts of potential and for a 5th choice CB I'm honestly not complaining, just feel that he still has a bit to learn. I remember Dunk going through a stage of making a costly error every game. It was well worked but his slide tackle did give them space in the area.

Oh, completely. Given the right opportunities he will be a top CB. As it is, he's a 19 year old kid stepping in for one of our defensive stalwarts. He did his best.

You're totally right with the Dunk comparison. I remember thinking similar things when he played in his more brash stage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here