Legend.

Short tweet version "Stop f##king moaning and support the club. danke"

uwe-huenemeier-600.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All this confirms is that Uwe is a Northstand chat user.

Based on his use of the English language, I'm guessing he's Pretty Pink Fairy.

As opposed to Pretty pink fairy....

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Just goes to show that the moaning by people here has an effect on the players and probably those who are thinking of signing for us. We need to do better as a group as well.

I'm puzzled and bemused. Is your suggestion that we should be careful what we post, in case a potential signing will check us out and be put off?
I'm going to go with "nahhh, SHOW ME THE MONEY!" I've always been a cynic though.

Love the BFG though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Perhaps Dunk can go up front and Uwe play with Duffy.

He's already taking the free kicks like him, this is part 2 of "Turn Lewis into the English Ronaldo" (Project Lewaldo for short)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you honestly believe there's been potential signings who've popped onto NSC, read what the fans think and then decided not to sign?

I'd be very surprised.

No, but I bet some players read it......

Albeit, in this case..... :whistle:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Too right, what a bunch of whining babies some of us have been. Time to man/woman up and get behind the team. Time to start ENJOYING our season in the Premier League, no matter what.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Brighton fans are free thinkers and will always question and challenge the club and its administrators. I'm sure Tony Bloom wouldn't have it any other way.

This doesn't mean we won't support the players any less than we always do!

I think it'll be a very sad day if we all agreed and said the same thing with the Albion, whether it's pro or against.
It keeps for a very interesting experience on here, which is always a hoot :thumbsup:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Model professional. Made only 11 league starts last season but was motm twice. His presence is vital, never lets us down when called upon and keeps Duffy and Dunk pushing themselves just to stay ahead of him in the starting eleven. Probably the most underated player in our squad.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Oh I am sure money has a say as well. But, if you have the choice of two bottom end premier league clubs, one of whose supporters have a reputation of turning on players and the other ones fans don't and get behind the players...who would you be more likely to want to sign for?

I know what you're getting at, but any pro who factors in social media into his decision-making is surely barking up the wrong tree. Every club, bar none, has it's fair share of acolytes, balanced fans (that's me by the way) and pessimists. Eastbourne Boro to Chelsea.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
That is amazing !! Fair play !!

I hope nobody argued back with him !

For me that means so much more to me as a fan, than the statements issued by TB & PB. Not disrespecting TB and PB, but maybe it means more hearing it from a player ?

Last edited:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think we are entitled to moan about the lack of strikers. He is paid a fortune to play here, where as many of us are financially stretched to continue our life long passion for the club. To say stop complaining and moaning and START supporting the team is also an insult, we've supported this team through thick and thin. I like Uwe, but we've waited 34 years for this and this club is a big part of our lives. So with all due respect, I think he should shut up and keep out of it.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Good man Uwe.

Reading some of the bedwetting shite on NSC is a disgrace. The sense of entitlement and indignation is puke-worthy. Get behind the team or **** off and get the prawn sarnies in - on your way to Old Trafford. punk:

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Model professional. Made only 11 league starts last season but was motm twice. His presence is vital, never lets us down when called upon and keeps Duffy and Dunk pushing themselves just to stay ahead of him in the starting eleven. Probably the most underated player in our squad.

When he first arrived and was injured for a bit, I was standing outside the Amex after a game next to a little group of German blokes, quietly larking about, all wearing Brighton tops. Thought nothing of it. Then UH strolled out them, greeted them and they sauntered off together. To the train.

No hint of Billy BigTime about him, no airs, graces; just a chap who had some of his mates come over and probably spend some knocking around in Brighton to keep him company for a bit.

I'm not sure what this post is for really, except to say, I was simply impressed - reminded me that when we were his age, we too might have had mates to meet up with after a kick around on the local astroturf, and that the Amex may be a shinier workplace, it's just a place, and he's just a bloke who seems like a nice bloke. And a bloody good defender.

That is all.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
How many clubs have booed their own penalty taker like what happened with Barnes? Or made a scapegoat out their new keeper after 2 games against two previous league champions?

You're broadening the scope of our discussion a bit. I don't think conversations on NSC would have persuaded or dissuaded any potential signing. Unless they looked at one of the WHC threads. Which should give any sane person pause for thought.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think we are entitled to moan about the lack of strikers. He is paid a fortune to play here, where as many of us are financially stretched to continue our life long passion for the club. To say stop complaining and moaning and START supporting the team is also an insult, we've supported this team through thick and thin. I like Uwe, but we've waited 34 years for this and this club is a big part of our lives. So with all due respect, I think he should shut up and keep out of it.

Hmmmmm

D

Deleted member 2719

Love his football, but fans/customers can say what they like, it's down to the boys in blue and white to prove the doubters wrong.
So Uwe stop your whinging roll your sleeves up and do the business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here