Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Uwe Hünemeier Announces Retirement

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Over on his social media Uwe Hünemeier has announced he’s retiring at the end of the season. Great player for us, can’t believe he only played 38 times (in all competitions) but he was always reliable when called upon and great backup to Dunk and Duffy over his time here.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Great unsung hero of our promotion season

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Really liked his attitude despite not often getting a run in the side. Never complained and always seemed to be supporting the team to the full. Met him in the club shop and he was a lovely guy to chat with and very happy to have pics taken with my daughter.

As Warren would say: Uwe Humeneier. A model pro.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
There was just something about that man that was excellent. He seemed to really understand his place in the squad and was reliable and dependable for us. I've followed his career since he left us and he has been very regular in the Paderborn side since his return there. He will forever be part of just our second ever Promotion winning team from the second tier.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Booooo, in the ever so long list of great centre backs, not quite the best but plenty good enough, Uwe was the best.
That's note perfect, Stat. Quite the cultured player I seem to remember, though I didn't realise he made so few appearances for us (27, Wikipedia?). I do remember seeing him exit the stadium one evening, into the arms of a group of his German mates who were waiting outside for him - I don't know what else I was expecting them to do outside of strolling off quietly down the concourse, but stroll off quietly they did. I liked that.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A solid player, a class act, a model pro. Enjoy your retirement Uwe!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Seems too young to retire, unless injured or older than he looks. Really good for us. I have his ‘Poppy Shirt’ from the first year that they were auctioned off

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Lovely bloke and never let us down when needed. Continues to support us to this day and is charming and funny to speak to. Guys oozes class.

Uwe, get your badges and we’ll see you back here in the coaching team in a year or two!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Loved the BFG
He was with Solly in the away section at Miiddlesborough for the Mike Dean Show.

Legend of a player!

Attachments

• BFG and Solly.jpg
    BFG and Solly.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here