Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Usb MP3 Player help please

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There must be a way to sort by name. If you have all the files showing can you click on the top above the first row. So if the top shows things like 'track', 'artist', 'album' etc try clicking on one of these to sort. Other option is, as mentioned, to make a playlist.

I would have thought so but it doesnt work and reading Google it is to do with FAT 32 whatever that is. There are a number of [programs available to do it but cost about £40 and I shall only use it once so not worth it. My MP3 has shuttle fcaility like IPODs but he couldnt do that Wife will just switch it on and leave him with it playing then switch off as required.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I would have thought so but it doesnt work and reading Google it is to do with FAT 32 whatever that is. There are a number of [programs available to do it but cost about £40 and I shall only use it once so not worth it. My MP3 has shuttle fcaility like IPODs but he couldnt do that Wife will just switch it on and leave him with it playing then switch off as required.

FAT 32 is a file system and has no bearing on your issue.

You shouldn't need any software to do this (and you should be damn careful with the software you download if you're not tech savvy).

Try naming the tracks as follows:

01 - "Song title here"
02 - "Song title here" etc.

This has worked for every music player/computer I've ever owned.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

You shouldn't need any software to do this (and you should be damn careful with the software you download if you're not tech savvy).

01 - "Song title here"

Which is exactly what I said in post #10

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mods - can we have a BensGrandad Technology Containment thread please?

Not much point as he'd start a new one for the next thing anyway....

Give the guy a break anyway, I'm a bit of a techno luddite myself compared to many I know, but my limited knowledge is light years ahead of my old man judging by his very occasional attempts to use email or facebook.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

01 - "Song title here"

Doesn't work for the USB MP3 player in my car! It plays them in the order Windows copies them to the USB drive, which could be any order if you're copying a large number. The only solutions I found at the time were:
1) Copy the files one at a time, in the order I want them
2) Buy a program to reorder them, as BG mentioned.
3) Just put the damn thing on random play.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Untitled-1.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tried everything suggested with no success but daughter in law came in after dropping grand children at school and tried and it said in writing too small fo me to read Format Error so have contacted seller on e bay who has refunded the cost and told me to bin it. Shall buy brother in law a slightly better one. Thanks to all who offered advice. To add insult to injury daughter in law told me she is getting 3 year old grandson an Ipod for Christmas as he knows how to operate it using theirs and granddaughters one and get Netflix.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here