Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US to pull out of Paris accord.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
On the World Service last night there was a lengthy discussion about Trump pulling out of the agreement, followed by a talk about footballer's wages post Brexit, and 2 minutes 40 minutes into the interview there was mention of 'a small club such as Crystal Palace'. Those buggers get everywhere.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Trump is playing his usual card. He had no need at all to pull out of this agreement, but he's doing it anyway because he wants to look like the big strong leader to all of his voters and keep his friends in the fossil fuel industry happy.

"I was elected to represent Pittsburgh not Paris"... what kind of man says things like that? He's not intelligent enough to be in that office IMO. Read his tweets. Honestly, I mean HONESTLY. It's very hard not to draw the conclusion that he's a buffoon.

I don't think the effects of this are as bad as people are making out to be honest. It's just typical Trump. The entire world is on the same page except Donny who wants to wave his willy and beat his chest.

Clean ****ing coal... give me a break.

Unfortunately the US doesn't seem to think that intelligence is an important quality on a candidates CV. Bring on the Rock ???

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
For those on this thread that don't believe in man-made climate change, surely there must be a few of you that believe air pollution is real? Or is it fake air, causing fake deaths?
rKkHkWu.gif

Timelapse video shot from a Beijing bank on Monday shows a thick cloud of yellow smog swallowing buildings as it rolls into the city. The footage was taken by Chas Pope, a British engineering consultant, and was shot over just 20 minutes. Many cities in China have been placed on ‘red alert’ due to soaring air pollution levels in the first days of 2017. Clouds of smog have forced flights to be cancelled and roads to be closed and have effectively left some people trapped in their homes. Pope told the Guardian that smog was one of the main drawbacks of life in Beijing. “It gets you down especially in recent winters when it seems to have been getting worse,” he said.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I struggle with the man made climate change theory. I believe it is just mother nature's cycle and will not be put right by us putting less water in the kettle.

The climate change lobby border on hysterical lunatics if someone disagrees with them.

However any country that does not invest in renewable technology is quite insane. We may not be on this earth for long but it would be nice to breath fresh air and stop bleeding the earth of its raw materials.

I am a man made climate change denier but recycle everything I can and long for the day our coasts are covered in wind turbines and tidal wave power generators.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

We might not agree but respect that view. You're right about fringe lunatics too, sadly they're ready made media magnets and therefore are always used as representatives of eg 'the green' fraternity when they're just a spectrum bookend. I also hate the way that so many deniers equate not believing in climate change means we can carry on destroying the environment. That really is insane.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The city of Pittsburg today has reacted angrily, not wanting to be part of Trump's analogy.

As have major US states, cities, corporations including oil companies.

Trump's going for the crudest technique in the book, division, them and us, the USA won't be trodden on no more. Something the SNP do very well, the politics of division, playing the downtrodden underdog.

Great to see Americans from all parts sticking to support of the Paris Accord.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I also hate the way that so many deniers equate not believing in climate change means we can carry on destroying the environment. That really is insane.

Although if climate change is not real then isn't humankind just another phase in earth's life cycle that will eventually get cleansed/renewed in the very distant future? It's all part of Mother Nature/God's work/the Universe's Way of performing it's duty.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The city of Pittsburg(h) today has reacted angrily, not wanting to be part of Trump's analogy.

As have major US states, cities, corporations including oil companies.

Trump's going for the crudest technique in the book, division, them and us, the USA won't be trodden on no more. Something the SNP do very well, the politics of division, playing the downtrodden underdog.

Great to see Americans from all parts sticking to support of the Paris Accord.

Much like Edinburgh--call it Pittsboro.

larus

For those on this thread that don't believe in man-made climate change, surely there must be a few of you that believe air pollution is real? Or is it fake air, causing fake deaths?
rKkHkWu.gif

Timelapse video shot from a Beijing bank on Monday shows a thick cloud of yellow smog swallowing buildings as it rolls into the city. The footage was taken by Chas Pope, a British engineering consultant, and was shot over just 20 minutes. Many cities in China have been placed on ‘red alert’ due to soaring air pollution levels in the first days of 2017. Clouds of smog have forced flights to be cancelled and roads to be closed and have effectively left some people trapped in their homes. Pope told the Guardian that smog was one of the main drawbacks of life in Beijing. “It gets you down especially in recent winters when it seems to have been getting worse,” he said.

Oh dear. Someone else who doesn't understand the difference between pollution and CO2.

CO2 is invisible, colourless, odourless gas. What you are looking at is pollutants, not CO2. Maybe you could do with undersanding more about what CO2 is and is not, as you clearly do not know.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Oh dear. Someone else who doesn't understand the difference between pollution and CO2.

CO2 is invisible, colourless, odourless gas. What you are looking at is pollutants, not CO2. Maybe you could do with undersanding more about what CO2 is and is not, as you clearly do not know.

Ah that's ok then, I was getting worried.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
24_co2-graph-021116-768px.jpg

Ancient air bubbles trapped in ice enable us to step back in time and see what Earth's atmosphere, and climate, were like in the distant past. They tell us that levels of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere are higher than they have been at any time in the past 400,000 years. During ice ages, CO2 levels were around 200 parts per million (ppm), and during the warmer interglacial periods, they hovered around 280 ppm (see fluctuations in the graph). In 2013, CO2 levels surpassed 400 ppm for the first time in recorded history. This recent relentless rise in CO2 shows a remarkably constant relationship with fossil-fuel burning, and can be well accounted for based on the simple premise that about 60 percent of fossil-fuel emissions stay in the air.

Today, we stand on the threshold of a new geologic era, which some term the "Anthropocene", one where the climate is very different to the one our ancestors knew.

If fossil-fuel burning continues at a business-as-usual rate, such that humanity exhausts the reserves over the next few centuries, CO2 will continue to rise to levels of order of 1500 ppm. The atmosphere would then not return to pre-industrial levels even tens of thousands of years into the future. This graph not only conveys the scientific measurements, but it also underscores the fact that humans have a great capacity to change the climate and planet.

https://climate.nasa.gov/climate_resources/24/

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta

By the way, what do you think is inside air pollution? :ffsparr:

larus

By the way, what do you think is inside air pollution? :ffsparr:

The Paris Accord is about CO2, not pollution. Christ, what is it with you fanatical green-eyed zealots? Is it really too much for you to comprehend that CO2 is not pollution (as in air pollution/smog) as it's F*CKING invisible and odourless.

The F*CKING picture is SMOG. Not CO F*CKING 2. How much clearer do you need it?

Do I think we should not pollute? YES - 100% agree,

Do I think that the claims that CO2 is going to kill the planet even at 500 ppm? NO.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
The Paris Accord is about CO2, not pollution. Christ, what is it with you fanatical green-eyed zealots? Is it really too much for you to comprehend that CO2 is not pollution (as in air pollution/smog) as it's F*CKING invisible and odourless.

The F*CKING picture is SMOG. Not CO F*CKING 2. How much clearer do you need it?

Do I think we should not pollute? YES - 100% agree,

Do I think that the claims that CO2 is going to kill the planet even at 500 ppm? NO.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
It was ever so warm in 1976 .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Binary politics says we should keep discussing it until we decide if it is correct or incorrect.

Logic tells us that we should look at the sliding scale of probability and action. To my mind there is enough evidence to suggest that manmade climate change is possible and very little negative effects of reducing our CO2 emissions. So it is logical to now act in ways to improve our emissions and take better care of the planet incase the horrific predictions are true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORv8wwiadQ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here