Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] US Supreme Court overturns Roe v Wade

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I'm not entirely sure, as correct as you are, what that has to with why the right to abortion wasn't enshrined in US law when the political margins were (just) in its favour.

because it's yet another diversion and another example of old men enforcing their crusty but frequently perverted morals onto young women.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Just told a friend in Arkansas that the US in general, and her State in particular, was taking a hammering on reversing the right of women to seek an abortion. Her reply?

"They can always drive to another State and get their way paid"

:shrug:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Just told a friend in Arkansas that the US in general, and her State in particular, was taking a hammering on reversing the right of women to seek an abortion. Her reply?

That is the dubious thinking of a person living in a red state. btw, I have relatives that live in Arkansas. My mother was born & raised in Arkansas. They label one item pointed out in the conservative press, that one company will pay the transportation costs of a women in their employ to get an abortion in a state that allows abortions as truth in all situations. They never have or will they ever live in the shoes of a person in this situation of an unwanted pregnancy.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This is a country with a current prison population of 2 ,000,000 most of whom generate revenue , the cynic in me wonders how many of those inmates were unwanted children.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is a country with a current prison population of 2 ,000,000 most of whom generate revenue , the cynic in me wonders how many of those inmates were unwanted children.

Sorry I can't remember the NY study, but over a 20 year period of a 'relaxed' approach to abortion the crime rate fell by something like 25%

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Don't several states have laws against doing that too? I'm sure I've heard something along these lines.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Even if you are hinting that they would have been better off dead, it's surely better to give them the chance to live a good life and kill them only when they have failed? Eugenics is a bit of an iffy subject.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

They may be generating some revenue but in general having to house, guard and feed prisoners cost more than what they can produce monetarily.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I have a friend who lives in Texas who would be dead if this happened in January when she was haemorrhaging. Any intervention in some States even on medical grounds would have seen my friend die as she needed an ERPC (D&C) whatever you want to call it. I'm sure a lot of you will have to Google it. The 'Pro Life' side are going to let women die, even if they are already mothers in a stable, loving relationship & let their already born children grow up without a parent. That is completely f**ked up. This is going beyond saying 'I would like to terminate my pregnancy for reasons that have sod all to do with anyone else'. This is literally letting women die as they can't afford to travel to another state & they have a medical need. Shame on anyone that thinks it's ok to deny a woman that already has 3 healthy, happy kids the right to terminate a pregnancy on medical grounds. That's without the rest of it. Maybe another way would be to enforce a reversible vasectomy on men to even things up?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They may be generating some revenue but in general having to house, guard and feed prisoners cost more than what they can produce monetarily.

Not true. The US government pays private prison companies lots of money to house inmates. They make HUGE profits because they feed them on shit and provide zero rehab services/courses/counselling etc. They have so many prisoners that the breakfast rota means many prisoners are woken at 2 am / 3am/ 4qm to eat breakfast.

Britain currently has 17 private prison facilities and it is the fastest growing industry in the private sector. But funded by the government. Good eh!

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Not true. The US government pays private prison companies lots of money to house inmates. They make HUGE profits because they feed them on shit and provide zero rehab services/courses/counselling etc. They have so many prisoners that the breakfast rota means many prisoners are woken at 2 am / 3am/ 4qm to eat breakfast.

Britain currently has 17 private prison facilities and it is the fastest growing industry in the private sector. But funded by the government. Good eh!

Grendon seems to be doing ok, I wonder what they are doing differently there (I'm being ironic, it doesn't come across well on a forum)? Sorry I've gone completely off topic!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1541102529483640832[/tweet]

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Even if you are hinting that they would have been better off dead, it's surely better to give them the chance to live a good life and kill them only when they have failed? Eugenics is a bit of an iffy subject.
no im not , i'm hinting that the governing bodies allow a perpetual state of turmoil brought about by uncontrolled , unloved kids who grow up into crime and end up in jails which are subsidised, through the senate, with tax payers money even though they are privately owned.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
no im not , i'm hinting that the governing bodies allow a perpetual state of turmoil brought about by uncontrolled , unloved kids who grow up into crime and end up in jails which are subsidised, through the senate, with tax payers money even though they are privately owned.
My apologies, I thought you were indicating that abortion might help solve the issue.

As a side issue, how could privately-run jails not be subsidised by the government? You can't expect the prisoners to pay for their own accommodation!

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The worry is how long it’ll be before the headbangers over here start getting ideas. Jacob Rees-Mogg would be all in favour of this, and he’s already in government.

Here we go...

[tweet]1541778555088011264[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here