Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US Masters 2016

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Quick golf question then (and I think I already know the answer),

So if that Oozhausen hole in one shot on the 16th that knocked the other ball before going in, had both rolled in (which they nearly did) would that have been 2 hole in ones? Would the other player of carded a 1 but not been able to call in a hole in one? It was only inches from happening.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Quick golf question then (and I think I already know the answer),

So if that Oozhausen hole in one shot on the 16th that knocked the other ball before going in, had both rolled in (which they nearly did) would that have been 2 hole in ones? Would the other player of carded a 1 but not been able to call in a hole in one? It was only inches from happening.

From my limited knowedge, the stationary ball cannoned would have been replaced to the spot where it was struck by the second...hence no ace.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
From my limited knowedge, the stationary ball cannoned would have been replaced to the spot where it was struck by the second...hence no ace.

Correct. The stationary ball would be replaced.

Really? So who would decide where it is replaced to? Was the moved ball replaced, or putted from it's eventual resting place after being hit? I only thought you could replace a ball on the green after it's been marked?

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Really? So who would decide where it is replaced to? Was the moved ball replaced, or putted from it's eventual resting place after being hit? I only thought you could replace a ball on the green after it's been marked?

I believe you just replace it where it was initially resting. In an amateur match you just come to an agreement between the two players but I suspect the pros will use the TV cameras to see where it was initially stopped.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

Two players are likely to have to come to an agreement. Ref also likely to be brought in.

I wonder if it is the first hole in one in a major that has gone in off another ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here