Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US election (merged threads)

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
The internet has reacted brilliantly. Apart from all the bed wetting, some comical geniuses have put together some great stuff. Orange is the new black tickled me, but the Back to the Future video with Trump got me :rotlf:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
That may well be the case, but it does not detract from my point -you are not saying otherwise, I appreciate. It just shows the alienation that millions feel.

Absolutely.

Its mildly depressing that after thousands of years of human evolution and the progress of thought that if you wish to obtain power, on either side of the political spectrum, you only have to appeal to the base instincts of the electorate.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
stars.jpg
UN.jpg
Nato.jpg

No words.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
[/B]

Absolutely. But will the Bubble take heed? Somehow I doubt it. And last week's farce, whereby the process was dressed up as principle, will further ensure alienation, however "right" the constitutional experts are.

Hmmmmm. Judges doing their job. I'm very wary of that being criticized. It's the Government to blame really for leaving it open to interpretation

But then I'm completely aware this is the point you are making.

We're finding out how unpredictable democracy is when confronted with a significant proportion of the population feel they have nothing to lose.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
The internet has reacted brilliantly. Apart from all the bed wetting, some comical geniuses have put together some great stuff. Orange is the new black tickled me, but the Back to the Future video with Trump got me :rotlf:

Surprising how many on Facebook are wishing openly that the Orange One be assassinated. "Make it look like an accident 007".

Hardly what you'd expect of Liberals and the Left when democracy doesn't go the way they want.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You're right of course...
View attachment 79277

Different enough for you ?
Trump is a selfish, deluded, self-obsessed tw@. He doesn't really want to kill people though does he?

I suspect all he really wants is for people to think he's the man. He wants to be the boss.

Presumably he'll try and be extremely tough and unrealistic in his negotiations, which will do nothing more than slow things down.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Surprising how many on Facebook are wishing openly that the Orange One be assassinated. "Make it look like an accident 007".

Hardly what you'd expect of Liberals and the Left when democracy doesn't go the way they want.

The biggest joke is how they're all saying how dumb the Americans are since the results have come in.

I thought it was Trump who was supposed to be racist?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Hmmmmm. Judges doing their job. I'm very wary of that being criticized. It's the Government to blame really for leaving it open to interpretation

But then I'm completely aware this is the point you are making.

We're finding out how unpredictable democracy is when confronted with a significant proportion of the population feel they have nothing to lose.

Of course the judges were doing their job -most folk, I think, now accept that. It was those bringing the case standing outside the courtroom saying this is about due process, that will cheese off millions.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Of course the judges were doing their job -most folk, I think, now accept that. It was those bringing the case standing outside the courtroom saying this is about due process, that will cheese off millions.

It wasn't them that were being referred to as 'Enemies of The State,' on the front cover of the Mail though.

Anyway, I digress.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
During the campaign he said Hilary was the SINGLE WORST Secretary of State the country had EVER had and that she should be in jail.

Today he said the country owes her a "debt of gratitude" for her "service".

Unbelievable.

Actually, no. It's not,

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Just two points:
1. If you seek out statistics about such things, the Daily Mail has a far, far higher level of complaints being made about its content than any other newspaper - in fact possibly as much as all the other papers put together. Coupled to that, it has a far far higher % of those complaints being upheld. In other words, it is not too bothered about the facts of the matter and constantly prints lies.

2. In terms of the"it's a matter of process" comment, a major part of the argument for BREXIT was about sovereignty for many people. If you then try to subvert or ignore THE LAW OF THE LAND, that is not "democracy", it is anarchy. It will not stop BREXIT happening, it will just make sure it is achieved in the right way.

If Farage persists in his comments about leading a march of 100,000 people on the day of the appeal against the High Court Judgement, he is being stupid and only encouraging comparisons of himself to Hitler. There has been an old German Newspaper headline from 1933 circulating about this very matter and Hitler seeking to shut up the independent judiciary then. farage is descending to the same level. At least May seems to acknowledge the independence of the judiciary, even if it might be getting in the way.
My computer doesn't seem to like NSC, so if I have posted this before, apologies.,

You post just shows exactly what I was talking about. Whilst you may be right about the DM and the complaints, that is not really relevant, is it? I was referring to the readers not the paper. “The other words” is of course your interpretation. In any case, what proof have you got that the “lies” they tell, are believed by the readership? Would I be right in thinking that you look down on those plebs and assume they believe everything they read? I assume that is the point you are making, by bringing in the issue of complaints and alleged lies.
Whilst you are quite right about subverting the law, and may be right that Brexit will not be stopped, you know as well as I do that this is not about process, rather obstruction. I submit to you that if you think this is really only a principle about process, you are being very naïve.
Millions of honest folk went to the polls on June 23rd, on both sides, assuming that whoever won, would have their wishes acceded to. Brexit won and now they see, rightly or wrongly, that an urban elite is trying to block it, because they know best. We both know that this is how the current developments will be viewed in millions of households. You might not like it, but that is the reality, is it not?
I agree that Farage was not at his best by stirring up problems with large demos, but in his defence, he is far more aware than the Westminster Bubble as to how folk feel, and the voting patterns that we saw last night, demonstrated that he is quite right. As I wrote - you cannot expect people to be ignored and loyal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here